Dresses are a perennial fashion favorite, but this season’s standout silhouette is the shift dress. Looser than traditional sheath dresses and less flared than A-line styles, the shift complements your shoulders and forgives through the stomach and hips. It’s an ideal option if you’re looking to show off your legs — or a new pair of shoes.
- Gianni Bini Satsi One-Shoulder Shift Dress: A sultry one-shoulder neckline dresses up this evening-ready rendition of the shift dress. We love the rosy glow the deep pink color lends to your cheeks.
- BCBGeneration Dot-Print Shift Dress: This classic shift fit is a great go-to on busy days. Simply add opaque tights, boots and your favorite jewelry — the playful polka-dot print makes the statement for you.
- Chelsea & Violet Snake-Print Shift Dress: It’s official — snake print is a neutral. Take advantage of this style’s versatility by mixing and matching with rich shades of burgundy, forest green or cobalt blue. Sheer sleeves lend romance to the otherwise edgy silhouette.
- Antonio Melani Ace Faux-Leather Piping Shift Dress: This dress delivers the best of both worlds: faux-leather piping creates the appearance of a contoured waist without hugging your body. The inch-eliminating illusion continues to the hip for an hourglass effect.
- Plenty! by Tracy Reese Printed Pocket Shift Dress: Though first worn in the 1920s, the shift experienced a revival during the ’60s. This silhouette speaks to the design’s mod-era popularity with a geometric print and youthful hip pockets.
Shop more shift dresses here.
Which shift dress is your favorite? Tell us in the comments!
Whether you’re hunting for your first pair or perfecting a thoroughbred collection, the riding boot is essential for fall. Sleek lines, low heels and round toes make this timeless style endlessly versatile. Don’t rein in, set your step apart with distinctive details.
- Two-tone interest multiplies the impact of the Vince Camuto Keaton women’s riding boot. Dress up the versatile style with an LBD or down with denim.
- An angled topline makes the Megan from Gianni Bini a flattering choice. We love its worn-to-perfection look and classic ankle wrap.
- The Frye Paige Tall wins the Riding Boot Triple Crown for its rugged finish, low heel and overlay detail. Wear this distinguished silhouette all season and many to come.
Shop all riding boots.
Chomping at the bit to try this style? Which one is your favorite?
Shop our picks: Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen, Clarins Instant Light Brush-On Perfector, MAC Primed For Perfection Prep + Prime Highlighter, Clinique Up-Lighting Liquid Illuminator, Estee Lauder Ideal Light Brush-On Illuminator
Beauty highlighters are just like the office supply highlighters you use at school or work. But instead of drawing attention to certain words on a page, a beauty highlighter creates flattering light on your face. It quite literally highlights wherever you put it. Dab some on top of your makeup at your cheekbones, browbones or down your nose to create a flattering contour. Add it in with your moisturizer to brighten your skin from under your makeup. Highlighters create a lovely glow on your face much like being in a candlelit room does.
Shop all highlighters here.
Do you highlight your face? Tell us in the comments!
The Michael Kors pavé disc pendant necklace provides a classic, beautifully crafted example of the glittering gem-paved look of pavé. The rose goldtone setting of the Armani Exchange ladies rose goldtone street watch is the perfect backdrop for the shimmer of dozens of gleaming stones.
For an unexpected, fresh take on the look, check out the bright colors of the Betsey Johnson Iconic Perfect Pavé heart stretch bracelet. Looking for larger scale bling? Add elegant brilliance to your evening out with a stone-studded clutch, the Kate Landry Social full stone minaudiere.
Shop all pavé items here.
It’s commonly cut and dyed and can be found on everything from accessories to shoes. We love the hint of animal-print hair calf on this Vince Camuto bangle and Brahmin key clutch. For a bolder accent, check out the giraffe-dyed hair calf on this Fossil Vintage Revival satchel. Smoking slippers are one of this season’s hottest trends, this pair from Antonio Melani features allover hair calf in a fun leopard print.
Shop all hair calf items here.
It’s been said that there’s nothing new under the sun — in fashion and beyond. And while we can’t argue that Peter Pan collars are fresh on the scene (they first became popular in the early 1900s), there’s no denying that our favorite designers re-imagined the style with whimsy this season.
Shop Our Picks: Kensie Beaded-Collar Dress, BCBGeneration Collared Shift Dress, kate spade new york Collar Necklace, Carolee Pearl Collar Necklace
Shop more Peter Pan and novelty collars here.
Will you rock a collar this season? Tell us in the comments.
Sometimes fashion gives us happy coincidences. An especially brilliant stroke: d’Orsay shoes share their name with the d’Orsay museum in Paris. Unlike the museum’s impressionist masterpieces, d’Orsay pumps are wearable works of art.
Showcase the flattering style with an evening-out LBD or polished pencil skirt. The sultry silhouette sculpts your legs to create a longer, leaner look. The delicate design, available in neutral, bright or shimmering palettes, also blends well with your special occasion looks.
Shop our picks: Charles David Essex Pumps, Jessica Simpson Bede Platform Pumps & Jessica Simpson Delila Ankle-Strap Pumps
Shop all d’Orsay pumps here.
What do you rock your d’Orsay pumps with?