We’re being whisked into winter! With a flurry of snow (or a torrent of rain, depending where you live), the chilliest season has arrived. It’s the perfect time to embrace the warmth of the statement-making tall boot.
My favorite thing about tall boots: they’re crazy easy to dress up or down. I love wearing tall-shaft boots with everything from my favorite skinnies to a fit-and-flare dress and tights. Both of these looks are on-trend and can utilize the same pair of boots for a wide range of vibes. Translation: more fashion, less fuss (and bucks)!
Check out the most-loved styles of the season!
- Naturalizer Jersey Riding Boots. Riding boots have been a sizzling trend — I’ve been seeing them all over our office, typically paired with skinny pants and airy, relaxed-fitting blouses.
- Steve Madden Craave Boots. I’m totally “craaving” the effortless style of these slouchy boots. A buckle detail adds a touch of textural interest against soft leather.
- Born Sage Vintage Boots. As a lover of all things vintage, these boots are definitely on my wish list. The uneven topline and covered buttons make a unique statement.
- Gianni Bini Collin Back-Zipper Boots. The still-hot stud trend continues with an added zipper detail for eye-catching edge. Reviewers have been raving about their unbelievable comfort.
- Arturo Chiang Fionia Riding Boots. Our own Kaileigh W. has been spotted sporting these — if Santa wasn’t watching, I’d steal them for myself! I’m in love with the adventurous style of the harness details.
- Steve Madden Lynet Boots. I’ve seen this boot everywhere — from the office to the street, these bold beauties have been an insanely popular choice by footwear fashionistas this season.
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Stockard Boots. Flaunt your love for MK — and your simple sophistication — with these classic boots. They look amazing whether you’re at your desk or on a date.
- Vince Camuto Bocca Boots. Luxe leather is always a wise choice — it’s classic, versatile, and oh-so-chic. A bold buckle commands the eye.
Fit Tip: Remember, one woman’s “tall” may be another woman’s “over-the-knee” — don’t forget to use our boot fit guide to make the most of your measurements!
Shop all tall boots.
What’s your favorite trending tall boot? Tell us in the comments! ♦
Finally, Vince Camuto has something for us guys.
For decades, the famed fashion designer had been closely associated with women’s style and fashion. But that all changes this year with the introduction of Camuto’s new line of menswear and accessories. The premise here is to introduce quality pieces that are versatile and lend themselves to layering — pieces that transition well from work to play, from day to night. It’s European style through the lens of an American designer with classic American chic.
Gone are the days of frumpy sweaters and bulky corduroys. These days, “men are more aware of fashion and are looking for options,” Camuto said in a recent interview. “I wanted to … offer men the same affordable luxury that we have been offering women. Men want to look good, too.”
This handsome line of men’s fashions includes sportswear, outerwear, watches, fragrance and footwear.
Shop all Vince Camuto menswear.
Which Vince Camuto menswear piece is your favorite? Tell us about it in the comments.
Channeling inspiration from military chic to rich fall colors, there is a lot to love about the Vince Camuto Fall 2013 Collection. Loaded with zipper and metal-tone embellishments against luxurious leather, wool and ponte, this collection offers staple items for any fall wardrobe.
Check out the Vince Camuto Fall 2013 Lookbook here.
Shop all Vince Camuto.
How will you be wearing your favorite Vince Camuto pieces this fall?
Dropping temperatures, brisk breezes and vivid leaves mean one thing: fall is on its way! Your wardrobe might need an update, but that doesn’t mean you have to update your personality with the changing seasons. The Dillard’s Boot Shop has a variety of styles for every fall fashionista. Plus, our extended calf sizes make it easier than ever to find the perfect fit — for your feet and your style.
Which boot beauty are you?
- The Biker Babe. Ready to ride? From Vince Camuto, the Winchell moto-inspired boots offer tough leathers and goldtone buckles to complement your brassy personality. An inside zipper lets you gear up for the road in a flash.
- The Charming Cowgirl. Rugged doesn’t have to be masculine, and the Old West definitely doesn’t have to be old-fashioned. The sequin inlays in these Corral boots combine modern, feminine shimmer with tough Western style.
- The Delicate Darling. Show off your girly side with the Bailey bow boots from UGG Australia. Silky bows accent the back shaft of this classic silhouette for a touch of sweet flair. Even sweeter: the sheepskin sock provides unbelievable comfort.
- The Versatile Vixen. The Steve Madden Troopa military-inspired booties continue to be one of our most popular boots, and for good reason — they’re all about versatility. Pair them with a flowy dress and leggings for an ultra-feminine look or your favorite skinny jeans for a tougher vibe.
- The Studded Stunner. The leaves may be changing, but the stud trend is here to stay. From MICHAEL Michael Kors, the stud-sprinkled Aiden booties add chic intensity to any look. The latticed upper and peep toe are perfect for a hint of skin to balance bundled fall looks.
- The Wayfaring Woman. Got a case of wanderlust? The tumbled leather and strap details of Arturo Chiang’s Fionia boots give a utilitarian feel that’s perfect for the avid adventurer. Added bonus: the elastic gore at the back shaft allows for anything your travels throw your way.
Shop all women’s boots.
How do you express yourself through your style? Tell us in the comments!
We love leather (real or faux!) for so many reasons: it’s edgy yet polished, feminine yet daring — and even works for day or evening. But our favorite thing about this trend is how easy it is to make your own. Check out our leather line-up below to find that perfect-for-you piece.
Shop the Looks: Gianni Bini Jessi Faux-Leather Patchwork Dress & Gianni Bini Clementine Faux-Leather Skirt Dress
Shop the Looks: Two by Vince Camuto Faux-Leather-Sleeve Striped Tee & Vince Camuto Faux-Leather-Front Knit Top
Shop the Looks: MICHAEL Michael Kors Faux-Leather Tailored Blazer & MICHAEL Michael Kors Cropped Leather Moto Jacket
Shop all women’s leather clothing to find the piece that fits your personal style.
What’s your leather look? Tell us about it in the comments.
Get your bootie style in gear with our expert Q&A. We’ve covered the when, how and who (everyone, by the way) of this silhouette so you’ll be ready to rock it today.
Q: When is it ok to start wearing booties?
A: The better question is “Can I have a pair in every color?” With their short and sweet silhouette, booties are a season-spanning style. If you’re wary of warm-weather wear, look for lighter hues, peep toes and cutout details before the temperature cools.
Shop the looks: Jessica Simpson Orlina Western Booties, Vince Camuto Kevia Peep-Toe Booties & Isola Brea Peep-Toe Booties
Q: How should I style booties?
A: First, be fearless. Then try them with dresses and leggings and over your standby skinnies. Booties pair perfectly with go-to pieces just like your favorite flats, pumps and boots.
Shop the look: GB Tribal-Print Tank, GB Ponte Leggings & GB Gianni Bini Spot-Lite Buckle-Detail Platform Booties
Q: I have short legs, are booties for me?
A: Yes! You just need to be more selective. Look for styles that show a little skin, like V-cut vamps and peep toes, to elongate the look of your leg.
Shop the looks: Jessica Simpson Aggie Platform Booties, Vince Camuto Elvin Platform Booties & MICHAEL Michael Kors Ailee Peep-Toe Booties
Q: I’m ready for booties! What are the hottest styles this season?
A: Military booties are commanding our attention this season. Our current favorites? The cap-toe Troopa, the Thundr with its touch of unexpected lace, and the hardware-heavy Nolan.
Shop the looks: Steve Madden Troopa Military-Inspired Booties, Lucky Brand Nolan Combat Booties & Steve Madden Thundr Lace-Up Booties
Shop all women’s booties.
Have more questions? Ask and we’ll answer.
Peep-toe booties hold the key to our stylish hearts: season-to-season versatility! Start rocking this chic silhouette now. When the mercury drops, swap out (or add) a few staples for year-round wear.
Now: For summer, shimmering studs reflect both the sun’s rays and your edgy style. Pair with a simple LBD, red lipstick and a colorful bangle for an easy day-to-play look.
Later: Just add a pair of tights and a textural-knit cardigan for chillier days. Throw on an infinity scarf with graphic interest to finish the stud-infused look.
Now: A little bit Western and completely playful, fringe booties are a hit with denim shorts and blousy tops. Don’t forget your favorite sunnies on the way out the door.
Later: Fringe also pairs perfectly with your favorite skinny jeans. Layer a blazer over a lace top for a look that balances structure and fun.
Now: Leave it to MICHAEL Michael Kors to create an eye-catching sandal/bootie hybrid. Try them at the office with a simple knit top and peplum pencil skirt. Grab a structured leather satchel to store all your daily essentials.
Later: Maxi dresses are another style favorite you can wear all year. Go for one with an illusion skirt to show off your statement kicks. And always be fashionably on time with a rose gold watch.
Shop all booties.
Are you wearing booties this season? Tell us your favorite way to style them!
Almost every month, leading fashion/lifestyle magazines, such as Vogue, Glamour, Lucky and Elle, feature stories or ads about our merchandise. Even if you don’t subscribe, you can still see what these advertisements look like by clicking on the “Catalogs & Ads” link at the bottom of any page on www.dillards.com. You’ll be taken to a page with a cool interactive feature that allows you to browse through our ads.Or say you’ve seen a gorgeous glossy print ad in Elle this month for the Cremieux Rope Plaid Keyhole Halter Top & Tunnel Tie Bottom: just click on “Catalogs & Ads,” then flip through until you find the ad that appeared in the magazine. Hover or double-click for more information on the item.
What items from Dillard’s have appeared in the fashion mags this month? Check out the Antonio Melani Nilliona paisley halter dress with its cinched halter neckline and keyhole back. Or the Vince Camuto Itta wedge sandals, with their bejeweled metallic snake-print leather upper. Want to flaunt a heavenly scent? Try Jimmy Choo Eau De Parfum Spray and enjoy femininity, luxury and style.
Shop all Dillard’s items that have appeared in leading national publications in May.
Do you prefer looking at merchandise online or in a printed ad or catalog? Why?
Filed under Beauty, Shoes, Women
Refresh your wardrobe with the crisp contrasts and bright hues of the Vince Camuto Spring 2013 Collection. Unexpected touches of art deco style and clean lines bring youthful elegance and playful exuberance to the season’s hottest colors and styles.
Shop the Look: Vince Camuto Daisy Lace Blouse and Vince Camuto Skinny Cuffed Ankle Pants
Shop the Look: Vince Camuto Drop-Waist Colorblock Dress, Vince Camuto Judy Cross-Body Bag and Vince Camuto Novasi T-Strap Sandals
Shop the Look: Vince Camuto Contrast Collar Blouse, Vince Camuto Diamond Jacquard Skinny Pants and Vince Camuto Emera Gladiator Sandals
Shop the Vince Camuto Spring 2013 Collection Lookbook.
Shop all Vince Camuto women’s apparel here.
Which Vince Camuto look fits best in your Spring wardrobe? Share in the comments!
The natural choice for a relaxed, beachy look? Cork and raffia shoes. From ballet flats to sky-high pumps, designers are sprinkling these textural touches on your favorite styles.
With neon trim, crisp cutouts and woven detail, the Genesis sandal from Gianni Bini showcases spring’s hottest trends with each step.
Chevron print adds of-the-moment interest to the bejeweled Vince Camuto Torta wedge.
Not just relegated to the midsole and heel, woven leather straps mimic the look of natural fibers in irresistible shades of blue on the Adrien from Vince Camuto.
The Makayla cork wedge from Alex Marie pairs perfectly with neons, pastels or white, proving this neutral texture plays well with your entire closet.
A cork platform and floral print give this Jessica Simpson favorite — the Waleo — a spring makeover.
For a lustrous take on the trend, reach for the metallic cork and patent Harty pump from Vince Camuto.
How will you update your shoe collection this spring?
Shop espadrilles. Shop cork.