Since the invention of the first performance boat shoe in 1935, Sperry Top-Sider has been known for high-quality craftsmanship and preppy style. Shoes, accessories and men’s apparel have established the brand in the world of modern seafaring-style. Now, Sperry applies its passion for the ocean to a new line of vintage-inspired watches for men and women.
Taking a cue from boat shoes and the dashboard gauges of vintage motor boats, performance meets style in Sperry Top-Sider watches. Our two favorites are the men’s Navigator and the women’s Hayden.
The Men’s Navigator
Imbued with the spirit of the ever-popular men’s Authentic Original Boat Shoes, the men’s Navigator features a vintage nautical compass-style case and contrasting orange bezel and accents. A stainless steel bracelet provides durability and versatility.
The Women’s Hayden
Perfect for everyday wear, the preppy women’s Hayden features a rope texture tension ring reminiscent of boating and the sea. Rose goldtone and silvertone stainless steel create a modern classic.
What is your favorite seafaring style? Tell us in the comments.
Shop all Sperry Top-Sider watches here.
Few kids get excited about school uniforms. No one wants to look like everyone else, blending into a sea of khaki, navy, hunter green and white. But there is hope for the stylish child whose fashion sense is bound by a school uniform policy: Accessories.
The easiest way for boys to stand out in the crowd is with cool backpacks. We have a variety, ranging from this superhero-themed bag(1) to this rugged looking Jansport backpack(2) to and this rolling space shuttle backpack(3). If ties are allowed or required, he may opt for a trendy bow tie(4) in the appropriate color.
Stylish shoes are excellent for expressing individual style. Try these boat shoes from UGG Australia(5) or Sperry Top-Sider(6). Colorful Nike (7)or Polo Ralph Lauren(8) sneakers are sporty options.
Girls have an even wider range of accessories to choose from.
A Hello Kitty backpack(1) or handbag(2) can add a dash of whimsy and a splash of sparkle. The zebra print of this Jansport backpack(3) is a little edgy, while this Vera Bradley book bag(4) might appeal to the more fashion-forward young lady.
These dazzling Skechers(5) sneakers and shimmering Sperry boat shoes(6) are also great options for adding a little pizazz to a school uniform. A plain pair of shoes can be dressed up with these cute Copper Key socks(7) that have animal-print ruffle trim.
If standout shoes are not an option (or even if they are) add color to her hair with brightly colored bows from Copper Key(8). She can add a little bling to her khaki pants with one of these stylish rhinestone-embellished Miss Me Girls belts(9). Bracelets can also enliven a bland school uniform. From Copper Key, the animal-print bangles(10) are exotic and edgy.
For uniforms and other accessories, shop here.
How will you add style to your school uniforms?
Have you ever filled an entire carry-on bag with shoes? Or worse, crammed your bag full of shoes only to wear just a few pairs? When it comes to packing for Spring Break, less is more. To help you pack lightly and stylishly (and avoid baggage fees), we chose three shoes that will take you through your entire trip.
- The Boat Shoe: Casual and classic, the Sperry Top-Sider Angelfish boat shoe flaunts a touch of leopard print. A cushioned tongue and midsole keep it comfortable.
Where to Wear It: Pair with leggings and a tunic at the airport for a cozy-meets-chic look. Wear with shorts and a breezy top to see the sights in style.
The Flat Sandal: Silver leather and rhinestones glam up the Gianni Bini Christa T-strap sandal. The flat shape takes up virtually no space in your suitcase.
Where to Wear It: With your favorite swimsuit at the pool or beach — the rhinestones sparkle in the sun! Change into cropped pants or a lightweight dress for dinner at your hotel. Spending the day at the spa? The thong silhouette is easy to slip on and off and won’t ruin your pedicure.
- The Strappy Wedge: Supportive straps and a sturdy heel make the Steve Madden Magestee espadrille a great travel companion. The crochet straps crunch for packing purposes, but reemerge unharmed upon arrival.
Where to Wear It: Bright coral is a vacation neutral. Shorts, pants and maxi dresses pair perfectly for beachside brunch and dinner. Style with a sultry dress for a night of dancing.
Shop our entire selection of women’s shoes.
Do you have packing tips? Share in the comments.
Don’t let bracing winds or winter flurries rain on your fashion parade. Our favorite cold-weather boots combine style with function, featuring water-resistant materials, thermal linings and trend-right silhouettes.
- UGG Australia Adirondack Boot II: With a sleek, urban design, the Ugg Adirondack II warms your look with an iconic shearling cuff. Lace them up to keep your toes toasty.
- ECCO Hill Boots: The long and lean Hill boot keeps cold weather out with a utilitarian design. The neutral palette and clean lines make it a great candidate for work or weekend.
- Timberland Granby Boots: Another leg-lengthening silhouette, the Granby made the list for its soft, waterproof suede shaft and moccasin-inspired motif. For added warmth and all-day comfort, a plush fleece lining hugs your foot.
- Merrell Taiga Buckle Boots: Fuzzy tufts of faux fur trim the Taiga with cozy charm. Not just for looks, the lining is treated with antimicrobial solution so you feel fresh no matter the weather.
- Sperry Top-Sider Shearwater Boots: Iconic Sperry style gets a rustic twist with the Shearwater boot. The plaid shaft brings bold color, while the micro-fleece lining protects your foot from chilly days.
How do you beat the cold? Share your favorite winter style tips in the comments section.