Upcoming party? Garnish your ensemble with festive footwear. Bold, bright and textural, our selections complement evening looks from spicy little black dresses to sweet one-shoulders.
- Add a Dash of Color: Brighten your night with vivid hues from the ankles down. Catering to the colorblock trend, these Jessica Simpson Beijo women’s pumps set vibrant orange atop a brown and magenta platform.
- Mix in Texture: Trim your look with textural contrasts. For a sophisticated serving of soft suede, shiny patent and snake-embossed leather, try these Gianni Bini Cameo women’s pumps.
- Shake Things Up: High-heel booties combine the feminine presence of a pump with extra winter coverage. Wrapped in a suede bow, these Gianni Bini Halo women’s booties are a charming addition to tights and a dress.
- Sprinkle on Shimmer: From the subtle sheen of studs to the drama of glitter, glistening shoes cast a festive glow. Rhinestones pepper the heel of these Steve Madden Partyy-R women’s pumps with bold shine.
- Rise to the Occasion in Flats: Dress up denim or polish evening-ready looks with embellished flats. Goldtone glitter glimmers on these classic Cole Haan Bacara Ballet women’s slip-ons.
We’d love to hear from you: what are your go-to party shoes? Check out our Party Styles Guide for more ideas.
Fashion Files experts Annemarie and Alexandra Dillard are inspired by everything from runway shows to sidewalk styles. They’ve used their style savvy to pick some of their favorite looks for this holiday party season.
Here are some of their top trends:
- Colored Denim: These bright skinnies from Jolt can help you achieve a colorblocked look for a casual get-together. Just add some metallic heels and a shimmering top to transition them to a night-out look.
- The Red Dress: This fiery Rampage dress combines a great holiday tone with a one-shoulder silhouette. A feminine ruffle flows from the strap, across the neckline and down the opposing hem.
- Bright and Glittery Top: This sequined-front Eyeshadow shirt pairs well with colored denim or with winter shorts and tights.
- Faux-Fur: Style meets warmth with this Soulmates animal print faux-fur coat.
- Black Faux-Leather Details: Knock-out two trends, faux-leather and winter shorts, with this edgy pair from Rampage. Choose bright colored or patterned tights to layer the look. Finish it with booties for a party ensemble you’ll love.
You can easily mix and match these five elements to achieve different looks. Layer the animal-print jacket over the red dress or the sequined-front top and faux-leather shorts for an evening ensemble. For a casual outing, pair the colored denim with a graphic tee and the animal print jacket. Add your own unique touch to achieve the party style you want.
Have your own holiday style tips? Share your thoughts below in the comments!
For more tips, be sure to check out The Fashion Files from Alexandrea & Annemarie Dillard on Facebook.