When it comes to summer essentials, a stylish carryall bag is at the top of our list. Perfect for everyday use or vacation, we love bags that carry our normal essentials plus a little extra. One of our favorites? The Teddie Tote from Gigi New York. Leather embossed with python details gives the bag an exotic touch and keeps it from being anything but basic.
What’s in the bag:
- kate spade new york Angelique Sunglasses: Sunnies need to be kept close-at-hand.
- Natasha Accessories Leopard iPhone 4 Case: Your phone deserves to be just as fabulous as you.
- forbidden euphoria Calvin Klein Rollerball: Perfect for a midday perk to your scent.
- Clinique Deep Comfort Hand and Cuticle Cream: Stave off dry skin with this rich cream
- Origins Sunshine State SPF 20 Face & Body: Protect your skin every day from harmful UV rays.
- Shiseido Suncare Sun Protection Compact Foundation: For touch-ups on the go.
- Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm: Part moisturizing balm, part flattering color. Great to always have on hand.
- Betsey Johnson Cosmetic Pouch: Keep all of these cosmetics organized in a cute pouch.
Shop all handbags and accessories.
What extras do you stash in your carryall? Tell us in the comments!
Don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook to see what they carry as well!
The days are longer, the weather is warmer and it’s time to don shorts and swimsuits. To get that coveted summer glow without the harsh effects of the sun’s damaging rays, try an at home tanner. Don’t be scared to apply at home. Follow these steps for a bronzed look that’s sure to turn heads.
Step 1 – Exfoliate
When creating a masterpiece you need to make sure your canvas is prepped and ready. This is the most important step to achieving self-tan perfection. Tanning products interact with the outer layer of skin. This layer is made up of dead cells that only last 7 to 10 days. Exfoliating ensures you get an even layer of dead skin so your color doesn’t start to peel or crack. Avoid using a heavily oiled product because oil can act as a barrier between the product and your skin.
Products to try: Fashion Fair Refining Face and Body Scrub, Bobbi Brown Beach Body Scrub or Xen-Tan Premium Sunless Tan Body Scrub
Step 2 – Moisturize
One of the biggest tells of a self-tan disaster? Cracks around our elbows and knees and fine lines on the ankles and wrists. By layering on an oil-free moisturizer before using the tanning product, you’ll keep the color from settling into cracks. You can also use a gradual tanning moisturizer to remedy this problem.
Products to try: Tan Towel On The Glow Self-Tanning Moisturizer, Philosophy Hope Daily Oil-Free Moisturizer for Normal to Oily Skin SPF 30 or Origins Zero Oil™ Oil-Free Lotion with Saw Palmetto & Mint
Step 3 – Apply
First, make sure you are not in a humid or hot room. You should not be sweating when you start application.
- For lotions or creams do one appendage at a time. Quickly apply in a circular motion to avoid streaks. Wash your hands thoroughly in between applying cream to your legs and arms. Use a nail brush on your nails, and don’t forgot the sides of your hands, thumbs and knuckles.
- For spray, start with the bottom of your legs and work your way up. This way you won’t mess up the color on your stomach by bending over! Always keep the mist and wrist moving. To get spray on your back, spray your tanner behind you and walk into it, like you walk into a sprtiz of perfume. Do this 2-3 times to make sure enough tanner gets on your skin.
Products to try: bareMinerals Faux Tan Body Moisturizer, bliss A Tan for All Seasons, Body Bling Original by Scott Barnes, Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Golden Perfection Self-Tanning Milk or Clinique Self Sun Body Tinted Lotion
Step 4 – Dry
Don’t get dressed or sit on furniture until your tanner is fully dried. A blast from your hair dryer on the cool setting can help speed this along.
More tips and tricks:
Shop all self-tanning products here.
Do you have any tips or tricks that work for you? Tell us in the comments!
January is skincare month at Dillard’s and we’ve put together some of our favorite products to give your skin a fresh start this year.
Kick off your new regiment with these advanced products:
- Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector: One out of two women decided to postpone a cosmetic procedure after four weeks of using this corrector. Combat wrinkles, signs of UV damage and other skin imperfections with this multi-functional product.
- Philosophy Lasting Hope Moisture Mask: Revitalize your complexion and treat yourself to this refreshing at-home gel mask for a hydrating boost.
- Origins Dr. Andrew Weil Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Face Lotion: Hydration is the key to keeping skin calm and healthy. With earthy ingredients and an oil-free formula, this lightweight facial moisturizer is great to use in the morning and before bed.
- Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector: Create a more even skintone and visibly reduce age spots and traces of acne with this dermatologist-developed corrector.
Men benefit from proper skincare as well. Here are some picks to keep your face healthy and refreshed:
- Clinique Skin Supplies For Men Age Defense for Eyes: The sensitive eye area needs its own special treatment. This multifunctioning product reduces dark circles, puffiness and brightens dull skin all while strengthening the moisture barrier for smooth and firm skin.
- Origins Zero Oil™ Deep Pore Cleanser with Saw Palmetto & Mint: This gentle foaming cleanser includes saw palmetto, cooling mint and pore-minimizing salicylic acid to keep your pores clear and the oil and shine factor reduced.
- Lab Series Age Rescue Face Lotion: This lightweight, oil-free gel-lotion keeps lines and wrinkles in check while diminishing redness and broken capillaries.
- Anthony Logistics for Men Alcohol-Free Toner: After your skin has been cleansed with your product of choice, apply this refreshing toner that soothes without drying.
Check out more skincare products and sets at Dillards.com.
Are you excited about using a new moisturizer or corrector? Tell us about it in the comments!
Cold weather and harsh wind can wreak havoc on your skin. The best way to protect against the elements? Winterizing. We’ve picked four of the most important concerns to take care of, plus a recommended product for each to help you combat the frosty chill.
Exfoliate — Face
Origins Modern Friction™ – Nature’s Gentle Dermabrasion in a Tube
Exfoliation helps remove dead skin cells to give you a soft, healthy look. Not only is this product for all skin types, but when used two to three times a week pores appear smaller and skin looks smother and more polished.
Moisturize — Face
Clinique Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator
Your biggest defense against harsh weather and drying temperatures is to keep your skin hydrated. This oil-free cream gel offers instant moisture for very dry to dry combination skin. Daily use secures and restores your moisture barrier to help keep damaging elements out.
Moisturize — Hands and Body
Lancome Nutrix Royal Body Cream
While your face may be the first place you notice winter damage, your hands and body are not immune to harsh winter conditions. This cream will protect you with renewed levels of moisture-trapping lipids when your skin gets very dry and becomes uncomfortably tight.
Hydrate — Lips
Estee Lauder Lip Conditioner
Protect your lips from cracking and pain by keeping them properly conditioned. When lips are taken care of they appear softer and suppler. Wear this product under your lipstick as a base coat or put some on each night before bed to repair and treat overnight.
How do you stave off the drying effects of these colder months? Let us know in the comments!
The Dillard’s beauty team is proud to present the greatest cosmetic items of 2011. Ranging from fragrance to skin care, these six products combine expert picks with our most popular items.
- butter LONDON 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Bluey: No beauty minded list is complete without nail color. Not only does the 3 Free line leave formaldehyde, toluene, or DBP out – but it also keeps the color amped with heavily pigmented shades. Bluey is a dark blue hue with a metallic twist. When you want a darker polish but are tired of black, deep blue is a fashionable option.
- Anastasia Beauty Express Kit for Brows and Eyes: Eyebrow shaping is a key element to getting a polished look. This kit includes brow wax cream, brow powder, an eye-brightening shadow duo, an angled brush and stencils. One of our customer reviews had this to say: “I’m not kidding when I say I use Beauty Express every day…I used this brow powder for the first time on a whim, and I seriously couldn’t believe the difference it made on my entire face!”
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Eau de Parfum: This women’s scent a treat to wear, and the beautiful bottle topped with a blooming flower cap is a lovely addition to any dressing table. Looking to gift this fragrance? BCBGMAXAZRIA is also available in a gift set.
- Yves Saint Laurent L’Homme Libre Eau de Toilette Spray: This men’s fragrance is described as addictive, and with notes of basil, deep woody vetiver and warm tones of leather we have to agree.
- Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging Eye Treatment: This product helps repair crow’s feet, under-eye cross-hatching, crepe lids and sagginess — all without irritation. It is never too early to begin using anti-aging treatments, even if you aren’t seeing signs of eye-aging yet.
- Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator: In just 2 weeks, 62% of women showed improvement to skintone . 100% of reviewers would recommend this product to a friend. One reviewer said, “I had freckles and age spots but they are almost undetectable without any makeup! Friends have commented that I look younger and want to know what I have done!”
What were your favorite Dillard’s beauty items this year? Share your best of 2011 with us in the comments!