Need a little motivation for your New Year’s resolution? Stop skipping the gym and start showing off your results in cutting-edge gear from Nike, Under Armour, Spanx and more.
Choose fitted yet non-restricting clothing that allows you to stay focused on your practice. We love the Nike Legend yoga pant’s higher back rise. (No more pausing to pull up your waistband during Downward Dog means smoother Sun Salutations.) Pair with a sweat-wicking tee — made even better by a feminine V-neck — to stay cool and dry during class. Cushioned flip-flops, a slim jacket and a mat-friendly tote get you to and from the studio with style.
Get the Gear: Nike Dri-FIT Empire Jacket, Nike Legend Tee, Nike Legend Slim Yoga Pants, Vera Braley Carried Away Tote, Sanuk Yoga Mat Sandals
Braving winter weather for a run isn’t easy — smart, modern gear is a must. The Under Armour Perfect Workout legging boasts signature HeatGear® fabric that not only wicks away sweat, but also regulates your core temperature. To keep from getting too warm after a few miles, layer an eye-catching hoodie over a sleek tank. Hair-taming headbands and stability-providing running shoes ensure you’re expertly outfitted from head to toe.
Get the Gear: Under Armour Storm Fleece Hoodie, Under Armour Perfect Workout Leggings, Under Armour Victory Tank, Under Armour Braided Headbands, New Balance Heritage 990v3 Running Shoes
Don’t let worrying about what you wear — and how you look in it — keep you from the gym. Spanx Active jackets, tops and pants combine the perks of traditional workout clothes with signature slimming technology. Pick a multitasking shoe for ambitious days when you want to hit up the weight room post spin class. Need an early morning pick-me-up? Simply peek into this cheerfully lined bag from Under Armour, perfect for stashing your essentials.
Get the Gear: Spanx Active Hourglass Tank, Spanx Active Shaping Knee Pants, Spanx Active Contour Jacket, Under Armour Gym Bag, Ecco Biom Training Shoes
Shop all activewear here.
Do you have a fitness goal for 2013? Share in the comments!
Kick off your resolution this year with a quick guide to our top athletic shoes. We’ve broken down our selection by activity to meet all your needs — from the trail to the track.
These shoes will support your stride with a combination of cushioning, lightweight construction and eye-catching design.
For a change in pace, go exploring in these versatile outdoor shoes.
Walk a mile (or more) in these supportive selections.
Browse our New Year’s Resolution Shop for more active footwear ideas. What shoe will support your goals this year? We’d love to hear from you in the comments section.
Want to get fit in 2012? Don’t let cold weather stand in your way. Whether you’re walking, biking or trying a new class at the gym, these workout essentials will keep you warm and motivated.
- Nike Sport Puffy Vest: Layer without losing mobility. This warm puffer vest boasts water-resistant fabric to fight rain and snow. Plus, the reversible design lets you switch up your look.
- Nike Filament Tights: Lightweight yet warm, these tights feature an internal drawcord waist for a personalized fit. The back zipper pocket securely stashes your keys or cell phone.
- Nike Training Jacket: This jacket features one of our favorite activewear innovations: cozy thumbhole cuffs. Bold berry Dri-FIT jersey keeps you visible on road runs and rides.
- Adidas Lahar Timing Watch: Even workout gear looks better when accessorized — but this watch isn’t just a pretty face. The sporty timepiece features a countdown timer, interval timer and 10-lap memory.
- MAC Cleansing Wipes: Squeezing in a lunch hour workout? These cleansing wipes remove gym grime, leaving you refreshed and ready to tackle the rest of your day.
Browse our New Year’s Resolution shop for more great women’s activewear. What motivates you to exercise when it’s cold? Share in the comments.