Adrift after a drab winter? Warm up with our favorite nautical looks. Don’t reserve seafaring style for the beach (although, it’s perfect for resort) — maritime pieces work as a crisp pick-me-up any day of the week.
White and navy are nautical stalwarts — pop the pairing with red, orange or yellow. You can also expand the palette with other ocean-inspired hues like seafoam green and cobalt.
Shop the Looks: Calvin Klein Crewneck Tie-Waist Dress & Swarovski “Holly” Starfish-Pendant Double-Chain Necklace, Antonio Melani Tiago Belted Peplum Dress, Lauren Ralph Lauren Textured Leather Belt & MICHAEL Michael Kors Ionna Patent Pumps, Lauren Ralph Lauren Cotton-Blend Button Jacket & MICHAEL Michael Kors Dolman-Sleeve Stripe Top
Nautical stripes are bold and classic. We love clean navy/white pieces, but unexpected bursts of neon or sparkle set a fresh course. Another subtle update: trade navy bands for black.
Shop the Looks: Cremieux Lina Stripe Knit Dress, IQ Paris Striped Hi-Low Dress, MICHAEL Michael Kors Button-Front Blazer
Decked out with buckle accents and chain prints, the MICHAEL Michael Kors resort line takes a refined approach to nautical. Whether you are packing for a getaway or headed to the office, you’ll find a striking piece to sail your wardrobe into the next season.
Shop the Looks: MICHAEL Michael Kors Belted Chain-Print Shirtdress, MICHAEL Michael Kors Scarf Maxi Dress, MICHAEL Michael Kors Skinny Pants
Shop more nautical.
Want to dive in, or just ready for a dip? Let us know in the comments!
Just because you have a curvy figure, doesn’t mean you can’t find fashionable, trend-setting clothing that fits. The M.S.S.P. Woman collection is your go-to source for the season’s hottest styles. Look for this summer’s bright colors and bold patterns on M.S.S.P. Woman short dresses, skinny pants and peasant tops. Flowy sleeves, lace embroidery and tiered ruffles add flourish to these fun women’s separates.
- Polka-Dot Sailor Bow Dress: Nautical trends are smooth sailing in polka-dot chiffon. Cap sleeves and a tie-neck make a feminine statement.
- Blouson Top: A bubble hem crafts a soft blouson silhouette. Ruched, tiered ruffles at the neckline frame your face, while ruffles at the sleeves give you a distinctly feminine look.
- Embroidered Drawstring Skirt: Lighthearted in warm red clay and adorned with chic ivory embroidery, this skirt lets you adjust the fit with a drawstring at the waist. A short length shows off your legs.
- Printed Blouse: Pretty peridot green chiffon flows into soft dolman sleeves. A floral print makes a stunning finish at the hem.
- Skinny Cropped Pants: A skinny fit pairs perfectly with flowing sleeves, blouson silhouettes and peasant styles. A touch of stretch wears well throughout the day.
- Striped Jersey Dress: Cheery peridot and sand stripes go in all the right directions for a flattering a fit. A draped-front skirt creates a faux-wrap silhouette.
Shop all M.S.S.P. Woman.
What’s your favorite trend this season? Tell us about it in the comments.
The modern swimdress has evolved from modest beginnings to become a glam waterside fashion statement. No longer the frumpy, body-hiding silhouette it once was, today’s swimdress ranges from sultry to playful.
Another great thing about swimdresses? The many incarnations of this iconic silhouette. We’ve broken it down into categories based on the statement the suit makes.
- The LBD: Two of our favorites are the Jantzen Glitz & Glamour and the Christina Safari Hardware.
- Retro: The possibilities are endless, but three great examples are the Jantzen Dot Net, the Carmen Marc Valvo Sunny Isles and the Jantzen Pin Dot Bandeau.
- Nautical: Two great picks are the Lauren by Ralph Lauren Bel Aire and the 24th & Ocean Nautical Mix.
- Floral: Try these pretty suits from Alex Marie and Gottex.
- Lingerie: Bodycon pieces from Coco Rave and the Betsey Johnson.
- Ruffled: You’ll love the choice of colors offered in this Kenneth Cole Reaction Ruffle-Licious suit or the mod polka-dot print Eco Swim Eco Bay swimdress.
- Body Shaping: If you love the swimdress but worry about its figure-hugging silhouette, try this Spanx Swim Blue Nile Bra-llelujah! or this flirty Miraclesuit Woman Pin Point suit.
What is your favorite swimdress category? Tell us about it in the comments.
Perfect for a day at the office or an evening out, white sandals are a hard-working summer essential. They instantly bring warm-weather flair to closet classics – your favorite LBD – and of-the-moment pieces, like your newest statement shorts.
Have any questions about styling white shoes? Ask, and we’ll answer!
Loving the nautical trend? Sail the high seas of style with these spring-ready jewels.
- From the Betsey Johnson Yacht Club collection, these stud earrings boast an anchor silhouette and classic blue and white stripes.
- This Anna & Ava necklace combines goldtone chain with navy blue grosgrain ribbon, dazzling topaz crystals and large simulated pearls for a sophisticated take on the seafaring look.
- Also from Anna & Ava, this statement pirate ship ring takes the nautical look to new heights.
- Leave it to Betsey Johnson to bring a girly touch to the maritime mood. From her Yacht Club collection, this stretch bracelet combines blue and white beads, a goldtone chain and various nautical-themed charms.
- Made for a fashionista, these unique Anna & Ava earrings feature crystal-embellished anchors at different lengths.
Want to browse more stylish baubles? Shop our entire jewelry collection here.
How will you sport the nautical look this season? Tell us in the comments!
Nautical looks are a fun trend for spring. Clean silhouettes, stripes and classic colors are hallmarks of this enduring style.
Your little guy or gal will look dapper in traditional sailor-inspired pieces. This nautical dress from Rare Editions features a sailor collar and bow in crisp navy and white. For little guys, this Rare Editions nautical shortall creates the timeless look with double-breasted button details, and sailor collar and bow.
Updates to the nautical style include modern colors with traditional silhouettes or classic navy/white/red clothing with new details. If your little girl prefers to wear pink, try this Rare Editions seersucker dress in pink and white or this Rare Editions nautical capri set in pink and navy. Want quintessential nautical colors, but updated details? Check out this Bonnie Jean nautical dress in navy and white stripes with contrasting red trim or this Bonnie Jean nautical dress with a platter collar and tucked front bodice.
Check out all of our nautical-inspired dresses, polo shirts, sweater vests and sets to make this enduring style your child’s own.
What is your favorite nautical look? Tell us about it in the comments.
Crisp and classic as a day by the sea, nautical pieces are a spring and summer staple. New to the look? You don’t have to dive in with head-to-toe stripes. Test the waters with seafaring shoes. Our maritime favorites link vintage charm with of-the-moment edge. We love what Gianni Bini did with the style this season.
- The Gianni Bini Mariner Wedge: Beach-ready canvas and rope detail at the toe secure the shipshape charm of this slip-on. Showcase the leg-lengthening silhouette with cropped pants, skinny jeans or a pleated midi skirt.
- The Gianni Bini Calypso Sandal: Navy and white stripes — a quintessential nautical motif — span this sandal. An architectural platform and chunky heel boosts the shoe with bold height.
- The Gianni Bini Ginger Pump: This platform pump embodies vintage glamour with feminine lines and a playfully knotted peep toe. Textural topstitching and the stacked heel keep the look fresh.
Other Seaworthy Options: You can also make a splash with flats. Just look for sailor stripes or playful polka dots in your favorite combinations of navy, white, neutrals and red.
- Gianni Bini Minnie Flats
- Gianni Bini Candy Flats
- Gianni Bini Matey Flats
Shop all nautical shoes here.
Have you joined this style wave? Tell us your favorite way to sport the nautical look.