Here’s a quick and delicious summertime dish that’s a real crowd-pleaser. This official chicken coriander recipe from Le Creuset is light, refreshing and simple to make — incorporating only coriander (a.k.a cilantro), lime juice and salt and pepper. It also sets the mood: think grilling on a hot summer day near the pool with friends. A great culinary way to beat the heat.
For the main chicken dish
- 6 chicken breasts, boned and skinned
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- finely grated zest of 2 limes
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped coriander
- extra corn oil, for brushing
- a little freshly ground black pepper
For the chili-lime mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 small red chili, seeded and chopped finely
- finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- a little salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the chicken pieces into a large Le Creuset oval stoneware baker dish. Add the oil, lime zest and juice, coriander, and pepper and turn the chicken so it is coated evenly in the marinade. Cover and leave to stand for a minimum of 1 hour in the refrigerator. Before cooking, lift the chicken out of the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Meanwhile, mix all the mayonnaise ingredients together, cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Heat an ungreased Le Creuset square cast iron grill over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Test the surface temperature by sprinkling a little cold water over the middle: if the water “pits” and evaporates almost immediately the grill’s surface is hot enough to begin cooking.
- Oil the grill ribs lightly. Place the chicken pieces side by side on the grill and do not move them until you are ready to turn them over, otherwise the distinctive sear lines will not be produced. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Lift one edge of a piece of chicken and if it releases easily from the surface it is ready to turn over. If it feels a little tight to lift, leave it for about a minute longer, then turn over. Cook on the other side for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve with a few sprigs of fresh corriander and a little of the chilli–lime mayonnaise on the side.
Shop all Le Creuset here.
Do you have any favorite summertime recipes? Tell us about it in the comments section.