In honor of nature’s annual beauty renewal, Lancome and Dillard’s have teamed up to offer this Spring Gift to give you a fresh, new start on looking good this season! Here’s how it works: Just make a $35 or more Lancome purchase and follow these 3 easy steps for 1 great gift package:
Step 1. Choose a Lancome Signature Cosmetics Bag in your choice of pink with polka dots OR solid pink Step 2. Choose an Eye and Face Look Trio:
Step 3. Choose an Eye and Night Moisturizer Duo:
BONUS GIFT! New! Hypnose Star Show-Stopping Volume Mascara
Lancome Definicils High Defintion Mascara – The #1 Luxury Mascara For 15 Years! Lancome Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate – Winner of Allure’s Reader’s Choice Award and Marie Claire’s Award of Excellence Lancome La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum Spray – Women’s Wear Daily’s 2012 Prestige Fragrance of the Year Award Shop all Lancome products now. What is more vital for your beauty: eye cream or night cream? Tell us in the comments section below.
The newest member of your denim wardrobe? Coated jeans that combine the classic look of your favorite 5-pocket pair with a glossy, often metallic sheen. Wear them for day or evening — even at the office.
Casual Friday: Give your casual Friday look a golden touch with the Legacy jean from Rich & Skinny. Disclaimer: The onslaught of “where did you get those?” inquiries may affect your productivity. Style with a sharp jacket, feminine satchel and smart shoe to keep the rest of your look professional and polished.
Shop the Look: Patterson J. Kincaid Ricci Geometric-Print Blazer, Rich & Skinny Legacy Metallic Coated Jeans, Donald J Pliner Denda Smoking Slippers, Givenchy Blush Pearl Drop Earrings, Brahmin Lady Melbourne Collection Elisa Satchel
Date Night: Coated denim isn’t all about edgy. Romance this NYDJ skinny jean with a flowy blouse and shoulder-dusting earrings. When finished with an oversize clutch, the look is perfectly poised between dressed up and laid back.
Shop the Look: Antonio Melani Silk Tie-Neck Blouse, BCBGeneration Ollie Clutch, Sam Edelman Danielle Pointed-Toe Pumps, Anna & Ava Enamel Kite Chandelier Earrings, NYDJ Coated 5-Pocket Skinny Jeans
Sunday Brunch: This leather-look style from James Jeans is a cutting-edge counterbalance to cozy sweaters and classic boots. A cherry red lip — the season’s must-have beauty trend — stands out in the brunch crowd.
Shop the Look: UGG Australia Cydnee Riding Boots, Lancome L’Absolu Rouge Lipcolor SPF 12, Ray-Ban Wayfarer Classic Sunglasses, James Jeans Slicked Super Skinny Coated Jeans, MICHAEL Michael Kors Cape Cardigan
Shop coated denim here.
Have you tried coated denim yet?
Decolletage, or decollete in it’s adjectival form, refers to the upper area of a female’s torso — below the neck. It’s a French word derived from decolleter that means to reveal the neck. If we’re being very strict and literal, decolletage is the neckline extending about two hand’s widths from the base of the neck down (front and back).
This delicate area needs special care as we grow older. Creams that lift and firm or moisturize and protect are perfect for keeping this part of our body (that is often overlooked) healthy and youthful.
Shop our picks for taking care of this area: StriVectin Tightening Neck Cream, Lancome Renergie Lift Volumetry Neck Lifting and Reshaping Cream, Clarins Advanced Extra-Firming Neck Cream
Don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook!
Are you fighting off skin problems? Serums are the secret weapon you’ve been longing for. These nutrient-rich products do battle against a bevy of troubles ranging from dark spots to aging. Find the one that is right for you and kick those issues to the curb. But don’t take our word for it — here are some of our top-rated products with testimonials from users.
Shop the picks: Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex, Lancome Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate, Guerlain Abeille Royale Youth Serum, Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector, Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator
Protip: Serums do their best work after a thorough cleansing from a Clarisonic.
Shop all serums here.
Do you use a serum? Tell us about your experience in the comments!
One of our favorite beauty products to use for summer? Bronzers. They give you a healthy glow, add a touch of delicate shimmer and create face-flattering contour.
Products to try: 1. Lancome Star Bronzer Long Lasting Bronzing Powder Natural Glow 2. Too Faced Peach Leopard Bronzer 3. Guerlain Terra Soleia Tan Enhancing Bronzer Face Decollete
Tool: 4. MAC 150 Large Powder Brush (it’s less dense than a bronzer brush so it won’t pick up as much product)
Application: Sweep the bronzer across your hairline, temples, cheekbones and jawline. Dust a tiny bit over your nose, collarbone and (if your are wearing your hair up or pulled back) over the tops of your ears. Doing this will give you that lightly kissed-by-the-sun look. If you choose a product that has added shimmer you can even sweep it across your shoulders when you wear something strapless for an added touch of light-catching shine.
Products to try: MAC Bronzing Powder, Dior Diorskin Shimmer Star, Too Faced Absolutely Invisible Candlelight Powder
Tools: Studio Gear #15 Angled Bronzer Brush, Dior Backstage Cheek Brush, MAC #109 Small Contour Brush
- Starting with your bronzer brush and bronzer, suck in your cheeks as hard as you can and make a “fishy” face. Apply your bronzer in the hollow area this creates. Guide your brush upwards along the curve of the hollow. It should be similar to the line and angle of your jaw.
- Now, get your blush and blush brush. Give yourself a big smile in the mirror and apply your blush to the apples of your cheeks (the apple is where your cheeks poof out the most when you smile) and then sweep it up towards your temple. Next, without adding any additional blush to your brush, blend it in with your bronzer to smooth harsh lines. If you move your brush in small circles, you will achieve a natural-looking blend.
- Lastly, get your powder brush and highlight color. Dust a small bit (a little goes a long way) right below the eye and onto the cheek bone. If you smile again your cheekbones are easy to find — it’s the flat part above the apple. Pull the brush out towards the temple, and you are finished. Just like that, you have a contoured and defined cheek!
Shop all bronzers and makeup brushes here.
How do you wear your bronzer? Tell us in the comments!
It’s a simple fashion formula. First, add statement color to your look with bright shoes. Then multiply their effect with the right shade on your toes. To exponentially increase your style factor, we’ve summed up our favorite color combinations.
Shop the looks:
Lancome Le Vernis Divine Lasting Color Nail Lacquer in Tangerine Tint+Steve Madden Tampaa Wedge Sandals
MAC Reel Sexy Lacquer in In the Dark Purple+BCBGeneration Zenas Sandals
butter LONDON 3 Free Nail Lacquer Teddy Girl+MICHAEL Michael Kors Jelly Sandals
Shop all bold and bright shoes here. Shop nail polish here.
Which look will you try?
The days are longer, the weather is warmer and it’s time to don shorts and swimsuits. To get that coveted summer glow without the harsh effects of the sun’s damaging rays, try an at home tanner. Don’t be scared to apply at home. Follow these steps for a bronzed look that’s sure to turn heads.
Step 1 – Exfoliate
When creating a masterpiece you need to make sure your canvas is prepped and ready. This is the most important step to achieving self-tan perfection. Tanning products interact with the outer layer of skin. This layer is made up of dead cells that only last 7 to 10 days. Exfoliating ensures you get an even layer of dead skin so your color doesn’t start to peel or crack. Avoid using a heavily oiled product because oil can act as a barrier between the product and your skin.
Products to try: Fashion Fair Refining Face and Body Scrub, Bobbi Brown Beach Body Scrub or Xen-Tan Premium Sunless Tan Body Scrub
Step 2 – Moisturize
One of the biggest tells of a self-tan disaster? Cracks around our elbows and knees and fine lines on the ankles and wrists. By layering on an oil-free moisturizer before using the tanning product, you’ll keep the color from settling into cracks. You can also use a gradual tanning moisturizer to remedy this problem.
Products to try: Tan Towel On The Glow Self-Tanning Moisturizer, Philosophy Hope Daily Oil-Free Moisturizer for Normal to Oily Skin SPF 30 or Origins Zero Oil™ Oil-Free Lotion with Saw Palmetto & Mint
Step 3 – Apply
First, make sure you are not in a humid or hot room. You should not be sweating when you start application.
- For lotions or creams do one appendage at a time. Quickly apply in a circular motion to avoid streaks. Wash your hands thoroughly in between applying cream to your legs and arms. Use a nail brush on your nails, and don’t forgot the sides of your hands, thumbs and knuckles.
- For spray, start with the bottom of your legs and work your way up. This way you won’t mess up the color on your stomach by bending over! Always keep the mist and wrist moving. To get spray on your back, spray your tanner behind you and walk into it, like you walk into a sprtiz of perfume. Do this 2-3 times to make sure enough tanner gets on your skin.
Products to try: bareMinerals Faux Tan Body Moisturizer, bliss A Tan for All Seasons, Body Bling Original by Scott Barnes, Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Golden Perfection Self-Tanning Milk or Clinique Self Sun Body Tinted Lotion
Step 4 – Dry
Don’t get dressed or sit on furniture until your tanner is fully dried. A blast from your hair dryer on the cool setting can help speed this along.
More tips and tricks:
Shop all self-tanning products here.
Do you have any tips or tricks that work for you? Tell us in the comments!
Show the special mom in your life how much you care with the gift of beauty. Pamper and treat her to fragrance, makeup and spa products all in convenient gift sets.
Spa and Skincare Sets
Shop all Mother’s Day gift ideas at Dillards.com.
What is your favorite gift you have given your mom on her special day? If you’re a mom, what is your favorite gift your children gave you? Tell us in the comments!
It’s time again for a little something extra. Right now, with any Lancome purchase of $35 or more, you will receive the “Gift of Paris” as your bonus. Choose your serum, eye cream, four of your beauty favorites and your bag.
Choose one Serum:
- Genefique Youth Activating Concentrate
- Visionnaire – Lancome’s 1st advanced skin corrector. Wrinkles, pores and evenness
- Bright Expert – Dark Spot Corrector
Choose one Eye Cream:
- Genefique Eye – Youth Activating Eye Concentrate
- High Resolution Refill 3XEye Cream – An exclusive Refill-3X complex helps boost the synthesis of the three natural skin fillers – collagen, hyaluronic acid and elastin
- Renergie Lift Volumetry Eye Cream – Dark circles and puffiness seem to disappear. Youthful eye contours return: skin is visibly lifted, firmer and reshaped
Choose four Beauty Favorites:
- Flash Bronzer – Lancome Flash Bronzer Tinted Self-Tanning Leg Gel
- Juicy Tube – Lancome Juicy Tube lip gloss in Magic Spell
- Lancome Color Design Lipcolor – It Girl
- La Base Pro – Perfecting Makeup Primer
- Le Crayon Khol Eyeliner – Black Ebony
- Star Bronzer – Bronzing Powder
- Definicils Precious Cells Mascara – Black
- Bi-Facil – Eye Makeup Remover
Choose one zipper top bag with ribbon detail:
Shop all Lancome products at Dillards.com.
Looking to gift yourself or a friend with a sweet beauty treat on February 14th? Stick with the theme of the day and pick something in a blushing pink or fiery red hue. Here are our picks:
- Who needs flowers with Lancome’s La Roseraie Illuminating Smooth Powder? This bed of roses compact combines a rosy shade with pastel shimmer for the perfect all-in-one product for cheeks and face.
- butter LONDON’s 3 Free Lacquer in Primrose Hill Picnic is a happy and tropical pink that will wear well into the spring and summer.
- Get a punch of color right in the kisser with MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Love Forever.
- A classic red lip is perfect for Valentine’s. Try out Clinique Long Last Lipstick in Merlot for a pretty pout.
- Why not pamper yourself with a sultry manicure? You’ll feel like a queen when you paint your nails with Dior’s Vernis Nail Lacquer in Red Royalty.
- Keep the love alive each day you carry this Estee Lauder Love Powder Compact. It is filled (and refillable) with Lucidity Translucent Pressed Powder and decorated with elegant stones.