Few kids get excited about school uniforms. No one wants to look like everyone else, blending into a sea of khaki, navy, hunter green and white. But there is hope for the stylish child whose fashion sense is bound by a school uniform policy: Accessories.
The easiest way for boys to stand out in the crowd is with cool backpacks. We have a variety, ranging from this superhero-themed bag(1) to this rugged looking Jansport backpack(2) to and this rolling space shuttle backpack(3). If ties are allowed or required, he may opt for a trendy bow tie(4) in the appropriate color.
Stylish shoes are excellent for expressing individual style. Try these boat shoes from UGG Australia(5) or Sperry Top-Sider(6). Colorful Nike (7)or Polo Ralph Lauren(8) sneakers are sporty options.
Girls have an even wider range of accessories to choose from.
A Hello Kitty backpack(1) or handbag(2) can add a dash of whimsy and a splash of sparkle. The zebra print of this Jansport backpack(3) is a little edgy, while this Vera Bradley book bag(4) might appeal to the more fashion-forward young lady.
These dazzling Skechers(5) sneakers and shimmering Sperry boat shoes(6) are also great options for adding a little pizazz to a school uniform. A plain pair of shoes can be dressed up with these cute Copper Key socks(7) that have animal-print ruffle trim.
If standout shoes are not an option (or even if they are) add color to her hair with brightly colored bows from Copper Key(8). She can add a little bling to her khaki pants with one of these stylish rhinestone-embellished Miss Me Girls belts(9). Bracelets can also enliven a bland school uniform. From Copper Key, the animal-print bangles(10) are exotic and edgy.
For uniforms and other accessories, shop here.
How will you add style to your school uniforms?
What little girl doesn’t love flowers? Luckily, floral patterns are everywhere this spring.
There are many choices for fun ways to add color and style to her wardrobe.
1. This dress from Bonnie Jean is one of our favorites because it combines two of the season’s biggest trends — stripes and floral patterns. Perfect for a picnic or a school day, this versatile dress looks great even when worn with sneakers.
2. For fun in the sun, we love this tropics-inspired dress from Rare Editions. Its allover fuchsia and aqua floral pattern is reminiscent of warm, tropical climes.
3. The blues, limes and yellows of the Rare Editions large flower print dress are sure to brighten any day. We love how cheery it looks.
4. Love the floral look, but want something other than a dress? The Copper Key Sunflower set is perfect with its coordinating flower print top and polka dot capris.
5. For a lot of bold color, the Flower Print 2 Hip by Wrapper skirt and the Floral Skirt from 2 Hip by Wrapper incorporate the floral trend in a bright, cheerful way.
For more floral choices, visit Dillards.com to see our selection of floral dresses, outfits and flower hair accessories.
What is your favorite flower? Tell us in the comments.
The spring semester is here and it’s time to get your back-to-school wardrobe looking fresh and on-trend. Here are a few of our favorite spring styles:
- Sorbet Hues: A light, airy shade gives you a feminine feel without being too pastel. We love the lace-insets (double trend alert!) on this Catch My I top.
- Athletic Attitude: Go sporty with this graphic hoodie from Copper Key. Pair it with jeans for a comfortable day.
- Abstract Prints: Add a dose of Bohemian charm to your look with this Lily White chiffon top. Let this allover print take center stage with a solid bottom and neutral shoes.
You can change the look of any top by adding a fun scarf. These scarves from Copper Key punch up a solid or give prints extra dimension. Change up the way you tie them to keep your style fresh.
Need even more spring inspiration? Shop more of our Juniors back to school looks at Dillards.com.
What trend are you most looking forward to wearing this spring semester? Share it with us in the comments.
It’s here — the time of the year when people gather around for holiday photos. Whether a portrait done by a professional photographer or a candid snapshot of the kids opening gifts on Christmas morning, we love capturing our special holiday moments.
Here are some great ideas to dress the kids for those photo opportunities:
- Matching Sibling Outfits: For girls, this Copper Key Family Sweater & Leggings Set features a red knit babydoll sweater with a Fair Isle pattern and black leggings (also available from Copper Key for older girls size 7-16); and for boys, its counterpart in Class Club featuring a Fair Isle sweater vest, shirt and pants set (the Class Club vest is available in the 8-20 size). For babies this coordinating set is from Starting Out and includes a boys newborn sweater set , boys infant sweater set and the Starting Out girls newborn sweater & leggings set, and girls infant sweater & leggings set.
- Christmas Sleepwear: These pajamas and gowns will give you great Christmas Eve or Christmas morning photos of the family. For girls this Laura Dare Holiday Plaid gown (sizes 12 months-7) or Laura Dare Holiday Plaid pajamas (size 2T-14). For boys, these Class Club Holiday Plaid pajama pants in sizes 2-20. For newborn girls, try this Ralph Lauren Childrenswear Newborn Buffalo Plaid footed coverall (3-9 months) or for girls or boys this Laura Dare Infant Holiday Plaid coverall (3-24 months).
Shop our selection of holiday gifts for children.