Want to get fit in 2012? Don’t let cold weather stand in your way. Whether you’re walking, biking or trying a new class at the gym, these workout essentials will keep you warm and motivated.
- Nike Sport Puffy Vest: Layer without losing mobility. This warm puffer vest boasts water-resistant fabric to fight rain and snow. Plus, the reversible design lets you switch up your look.
- Nike Filament Tights: Lightweight yet warm, these tights feature an internal drawcord waist for a personalized fit. The back zipper pocket securely stashes your keys or cell phone.
- Nike Training Jacket: This jacket features one of our favorite activewear innovations: cozy thumbhole cuffs. Bold berry Dri-FIT jersey keeps you visible on road runs and rides.
- Adidas Lahar Timing Watch: Even workout gear looks better when accessorized — but this watch isn’t just a pretty face. The sporty timepiece features a countdown timer, interval timer and 10-lap memory.
- MAC Cleansing Wipes: Squeezing in a lunch hour workout? These cleansing wipes remove gym grime, leaving you refreshed and ready to tackle the rest of your day.
Browse our New Year’s Resolution shop for more great women’s activewear. What motivates you to exercise when it’s cold? Share in the comments.
Don’t let bracing winds or winter flurries rain on your fashion parade. Our favorite cold-weather boots combine style with function, featuring water-resistant materials, thermal linings and trend-right silhouettes.
- UGG Australia Adirondack Boot II: With a sleek, urban design, the Ugg Adirondack II warms your look with an iconic shearling cuff. Lace them up to keep your toes toasty.
- ECCO Hill Boots: The long and lean Hill boot keeps cold weather out with a utilitarian design. The neutral palette and clean lines make it a great candidate for work or weekend.
- Timberland Granby Boots: Another leg-lengthening silhouette, the Granby made the list for its soft, waterproof suede shaft and moccasin-inspired motif. For added warmth and all-day comfort, a plush fleece lining hugs your foot.
- Merrell Taiga Buckle Boots: Fuzzy tufts of faux fur trim the Taiga with cozy charm. Not just for looks, the lining is treated with antimicrobial solution so you feel fresh no matter the weather.
- Sperry Top-Sider Shearwater Boots: Iconic Sperry style gets a rustic twist with the Shearwater boot. The plaid shaft brings bold color, while the micro-fleece lining protects your foot from chilly days.
How do you beat the cold? Share your favorite winter style tips in the comments section.
Cozy up to a winter coat that keeps you warm and complements your figure. Read on to learn which of the season’s key shapes is best for your body.
- A-Line Hem: Like your favorite A-line skirt, this Jessica Simpson coat flares from the waist for a feminine finish. It’s a great choice if you’re looking to minimize hips or balance broad shoulders.
- Belted Waist: Create an hourglass shape, even when you’re all bundled up. Ideal for most body types, this Calvin Klein peacoat contours your waistline.
- Statement Collar: Not only does this Steve Madden coat frame your face, but it also provides extra protection from chilly winds. Plus, the added volume accents your shoulders and flatters your lower body.
Quick Tips for a Flawless Fit
When trying on a coat, check for arm seams that hit at the edge of your shoulders — the coat is too small if the seams stop short, too big if they hang over. Cross your arms around your body to make sure you can move comfortably. Try the coat on with a chunky sweater to ensure there’s plenty of room for layering.
Check out our entire selection of women’s coats and outerwear to find the style that’s right for you. And to learn more about our favorite outerwear silhouettes, watch “Five Top Outerwear Trends” from Fashion Files experts Annemarie and Alexandra Dillard.
What’s your favorite silhouette this season? Tell us in the comments.