Although Fall’s color palette has only just debuted, we’re already head over heels for olive. A rich green that makes itself at home with perennial black, grey and burgundy, olive is a versatile shade that can serve as both an accent and a neutral. Check out our favorite ways to incorporate the must-have hue, from an all-out evening look to a posh polish for your tips and toes.
Shop the looks: Dolce Vita Kallai Military Combo Dress, Chelsea & Violet Camo Tie-Front Shirt & Chelsea & Violet Laser-Cut Skirt, butter LONDON Wallis Lacquer
Shop more women’s contemporary apparel and beauty.
Are you all about olive this season? Let us know what you think in the comments.
Peep-toe booties hold the key to our stylish hearts: season-to-season versatility! Start rocking this chic silhouette now. When the mercury drops, swap out (or add) a few staples for year-round wear.
Now: For summer, shimmering studs reflect both the sun’s rays and your edgy style. Pair with a simple LBD, red lipstick and a colorful bangle for an easy day-to-play look.
Later: Just add a pair of tights and a textural-knit cardigan for chillier days. Throw on an infinity scarf with graphic interest to finish the stud-infused look.
Now: A little bit Western and completely playful, fringe booties are a hit with denim shorts and blousy tops. Don’t forget your favorite sunnies on the way out the door.
Later: Fringe also pairs perfectly with your favorite skinny jeans. Layer a blazer over a lace top for a look that balances structure and fun.
Now: Leave it to MICHAEL Michael Kors to create an eye-catching sandal/bootie hybrid. Try them at the office with a simple knit top and peplum pencil skirt. Grab a structured leather satchel to store all your daily essentials.
Later: Maxi dresses are another style favorite you can wear all year. Go for one with an illusion skirt to show off your statement kicks. And always be fashionably on time with a rose gold watch.
Shop all booties.
Are you wearing booties this season? Tell us your favorite way to style them!
And they’re off! Those three little words ignite the “Fastest Two Minutes in Sports” — the Kentucky Derby. Along with the thunder of hooves is the race to be fashionable. If you’re invited to a watch party this weekend, there’s probably mention of a dress code. Think fun and festive without feeling the need to look terribly formal. In many cases, what you need is already in your closet. We’ll help you put it all together.
For the gentlemen:
Might we recommend a mixture of formal and casual. Try an oxford shirt, patchwork shorts and a stylish straw fedora for that preppy look.
For the ladies:
Almost as famous as the derby itself is the circus of big, over-the-top women’s hats. If you don’t have a wild hat to cap off your wardrobe, no problem. You can stand out in other ways. Start by donning this stunning statement necklace or slipping into these charming espadrille wedges. The mixed-media top and skinny cropped jeans create a simple but elegant style foundation.
If you’re hosting a watch party, you’ll likely be serving most beverages from informal cups and glasses. But should a guest ask to sample some of your finest bourbon or other favored libation, enhance his or her tasting experience with this handsome whiskey set or set of highball glasses.
What are you wearing to your Kentucky Derby watch party? Tell us about it in the comments.
Filed under Home, Men, Women
Soft, durable and versatile, chambray is one of our favorite borrowed-from-the-boys fabrics. Inspired by vintage U.S. Navy workshirts, chambray is here to stay.
Not to be confused with denim, chambray is a softer, lighter-weight choice with an authentic faded and sun-kissed look. The ultimate season-spanning fabric, these qualities make it easy to pair with a variety of colors and styles.
The flared sleeves of this Chelsea & Violet blouse add a touch of boho chic to the everyday. Pair it with this lace pencil skirt from Chelsea & Violet for a fun, casual daytime look. Continue the chambray look to your toes with the smokey blue Fossil Maddox flats. Pull it all together with the coordinating tomato Key-Per shopper tote from Fossil. Add coral and chambray to your beauty routine with Uber pink lip color from Bobbi Brown and Bossy Boots nail lacquer from butter LONDON.
Contrast stitching and a zipper chest pocket add modern flair to this chambray shirt from Jones New York Signature. Pair it with dark denim like these NYDJ bootcut jeans to continue the chic take on head-to-toe denim. For a bold punch of color, add this fuchsia Diane tote bag from Gianni Bini. Create a little flair with the dot heart & bow drop earrings from Betsey Johnson and the Join Me wedge sandal from Chinese Laundry in royal blue.
Fading lends a vintage feel to the Lucy chambray shirt from Cremieux while a mandarin collar adds a stylish twist. Kick start a shopping adventure with it as a jacket over the Lina striped dress from Cremieux, canvas Champion slip-on shoes from Keds and the Sunset African opal statement necklace from Barse. Keep your essentials close at hand with the MICHAEL Michael Kors Charlton cross-body bag in vanilla. Be certain you are fashionably on time with this chronograph watch from Michael Kors.
If you like the look of chambray, but prefer a darker wash, you’ll love this button-front shirt from KUT from the Kloth. The darker chambray pairs well with colored denim, like these beach-inspired Sofia coral jeans from Lucky Brand Jeans. Signature drop earrings from T Tahari and the Oil Rub Barcelona saddle bag from Patricia Nash coordinate with the buttons of your shirt, while the Moran wedges from Lucky Brand give you tribal flair.
What’s your favorite way to wear chambray? Tell us about it in the comments.
Shop all women’s chambray here.
Dresses are a perennial fashion favorite, but this season’s standout silhouette is the shift dress. Looser than traditional sheath dresses and less flared than A-line styles, the shift complements your shoulders and forgives through the stomach and hips. It’s an ideal option if you’re looking to show off your legs — or a new pair of shoes.
- Gianni Bini Satsi One-Shoulder Shift Dress: A sultry one-shoulder neckline dresses up this evening-ready rendition of the shift dress. We love the rosy glow the deep pink color lends to your cheeks.
- BCBGeneration Dot-Print Shift Dress: This classic shift fit is a great go-to on busy days. Simply add opaque tights, boots and your favorite jewelry — the playful polka-dot print makes the statement for you.
- Chelsea & Violet Snake-Print Shift Dress: It’s official — snake print is a neutral. Take advantage of this style’s versatility by mixing and matching with rich shades of burgundy, forest green or cobalt blue. Sheer sleeves lend romance to the otherwise edgy silhouette.
- Antonio Melani Ace Faux-Leather Piping Shift Dress: This dress delivers the best of both worlds: faux-leather piping creates the appearance of a contoured waist without hugging your body. The inch-eliminating illusion continues to the hip for an hourglass effect.
- Plenty! by Tracy Reese Printed Pocket Shift Dress: Though first worn in the 1920s, the shift experienced a revival during the ’60s. This silhouette speaks to the design’s mod-era popularity with a geometric print and youthful hip pockets.
Shop more shift dresses here.
Which shift dress is your favorite? Tell us in the comments!
What do owls, peacocks and wolves have in common? They’re all part of a women’s fashion trend that features whimsical animal prints on tops and sweaters. Create a look around your favorite animal with these fun, nostalgic pieces. For a casual look, couple these fanciful prints with leggings or with a pencil skirt for a polished look with personality.
Designs featuring owls are some of the most popular to crop up as part of this motif. One of our favorites is this quirky owl sweater from Kensie. A friendly owl peeks out from the front of the top, while elbow patches add sophistication. This owl-print tee from Chelsea & Violet flaunts vintage charm while flattering your figure with ruched sides. This tunic tee from Chelsea & Violet gives you a different take on the trend with owls creating horizontal stripes — one owl stands out in metallic gold.
Peacocks and feathers are another popular theme. The Liza tee from Lucky Brand Jeans flaunts a peacock print adorned with metallic studs, giving you a touch of bling. An eye-catching blue peacock print adorns this black thermal top from Lucy Brand Jeans. Colorblock birds brighten the classic Melbourne sweater from French Connection. Blues, browns and creams stand out against the black background, with one bird turned to look outward.
Wolves have long been thought of as mystical, majestic creatures. Flaunt your love for these noble animals with this wolf-print tee from Chelsea & Violet. An asymmetric hem creates a chic silhouette.
Check out all of our animal motif items here.
What animal motif is your favorite?
This season is all about living life in full color. The hottest hue popping up everywhere from dresses to jeans: Cobalt blue.
Eye-popping and vivacious, it’s easy to make a statement with this bold blue — just add one piece to any outfit and voila! you have a chic look.
1. Gianni Bini Miller Ponte Swing Dress: Bright cobalt pairs with structured ponte knit for a swingy silhouette. Decorative seams at the neckline and bodice create a glam vision while an exposed back zipper keeps the look mod.
2. Vince Camuto Colorblock Blouse: Cobalt, black and white panels mix for high-impact contrast and combine with a hi-low hem for extra coverage. A keyhole opening at the back plays peek-a-boo.
3. Chelsea & Violet Colored Denim Skinny Jeans: These stretchy jeans are a jewel in cobalt. Make a dramatic entrance in rich, bold color.
4. Gianni Bini Kitty Peplum Skirt: The infusion of cobalt makes this figure-flattering peplum silhouette pop.
5. I.N. Studio Jacket With Roll-Tab Sleeves: Add a burst of color to everyday work looks with this boxy cobalt jacket with faux-leather trim.
Shop cobalt women’s clothing here.
How will you add cobalt to your fall wardrobe?
Pretty perforations are popping up on all our favorite silhouettes this season. From metallic dresses to suede booties, the intricate accent adds a dose of irresistible texture that’s perfect for transitioning to cooler weather. Make no mistake about it, delight is in the details this fall.
Shop Our Picks: Chelsea & Violet Faux-Leather Dress, Vince Camuto Perforated-Yoke Dress, Antonio Melani Cutout Perforation Blouse, BCBGeneration Bastille Western Booties
Shop more perforated styles here.
Are you on trend watch for fall? Tell us about your favorite looks in the comments.
Our new motto? A touch of shine knows no season. Check out our top 5 reasons to incorporate iridescence into your summer wardrobe.
1. Sequins, beads and baubles catch the sunlight for a dazzling effect. We can’t think of a better way to celebrate longer days.
2. Nothing pairs better with white jeans than a touch of shimmer. The chic coupling is fresh for day and festive for evening.