The adorable Sock Monkey can be traced to the Victorian era, when Europeans ignited a stuffed-animal craze in this country and people started sewing toys for their children. As European countries continued to colonize parts of Africa, familiarity with exotic species such as monkeys grew and they became popular models for the toys.
Sock Monkeys have red mouths because they were originally made from socks with red heels. Today, the Sock Monkey’s face can be found on everything from hats to baby booties. Here at Dillards.com, we have a variety of Sock Monkey clothing and other items to keep your baby cozy, comfortable and as cute as — you guessed it — a Sock Monkey.
Shop all children’s items here.
Do you have a Sock Monkey?
Just like spring and summer, this season is all about color. Don’t stop with vibrant denim or bold blouses, take the trend down to your toes with colorful boots. Lost in kaleidoscopic confusion? Find the right shade for your aesthetic with our helpful hints below.
- Style these deep sapphire Jessica Simpson booties in place of your favorite black pair.
- The subtle suggestion of red on these Dr. Martens Chelsea boots will have people looking twice.
- This deep purple style from MICHEAL Micheal Kors is another fun replacement for basic black.
- There’s no statement quite as rich as emerald with a touch of goldtone shimmer, thanks Vince Camuto.
- Classic riding-inspired lines keeps this ruby red style from Calvin Klein versatile.
- Make this purple Jessica Simpson boot the star of a neutral look.
- Allover sequins intensify the cheerful hue of this classic UGG Australia style.
- This bright blue Dolce Vita boot plays well with black, white, red, green and orange.
- Add statement-making orange to casual days with these flat GB Gianni Bini boots.
Shop all boots.
Have a color crush? Let us know which boot fits your closet best.
There’s something sweet about shoes you can wear year-round. The crème de la crème? Booties. Maximize your wardrobe with this season-spanning style. We’ve picked our favorite silhouettes, so you can dig in now.
Now: Don’t feel like you have to carry the vintage Americana theme through your entire look. Just belt your favorite sundress and slip on your cowgirl kicks.
Later: Warm up this classic style with skinny jeans and a white tee. Grab your favorite scarf for a dash of color — we’re loving jewel tones for fall.
Now: Offset pretty prints and neons with moto-inspired booties. Often studded, these shimmering silhouettes reflect the summer sun.
Later: Take the edgy style into cooler weather with tights and a mod shift. Play up the rebellious vibe with a leather jacket or strike a luxurious balance with a fur-trimmed cardi.
Now: Keep masculine styles ladylike with lace dresses or flowy maxi skirts.
Later: Get cozy with tights and ponte knit pants. These stretchy pieces won’t bunch under your favorite menswear booties.
Shop our picks:Gianni Bini Fay Fringe-Detail Booties, Steve Madden Fraankie Booties & Steve Madden Troopa Military-Inspired Booties
How are you wearing your booties?
Add a touch of spring to your step with season-to-season silhouettes. Taking these versatile shapes from winter to spring is a breeze. Slip on textured tights for cold weather wear; shed the layer and style with dresses or cropped pants as the temperature rises. Here are our favorite transitional options.
- Short and Sweet: Add Western whimsy to your look with the Gyn boot from Steve Madden. With a closed toe and sassy ankle height, the timeless silhouette is equally prepared for blustery days or spring sun.
- Breezy Bands: Chunky bands wrap the BCBGeneration Jiorn with bold versatility. Unexpected openings on this bootie-inspired shape keep the sandal relevant no matter the temperature.
- Crisp Cutouts: Don’t let the word “sandal” fool you; you can wear the Vince Camuto Pabla year round. The studded silhouette strikes an ideal balance between coverage and cutouts, so you’ll be ready for lingering chills and warming temps.
We love anything with an unexpected peep-toe or surprising straps for season-spanning style. Do you have a transitional go-to in your closet? If so, share your favorites.
Upcoming party? Garnish your ensemble with festive footwear. Bold, bright and textural, our selections complement evening looks from spicy little black dresses to sweet one-shoulders.
- Add a Dash of Color: Brighten your night with vivid hues from the ankles down. Catering to the colorblock trend, these Jessica Simpson Beijo women’s pumps set vibrant orange atop a brown and magenta platform.
- Mix in Texture: Trim your look with textural contrasts. For a sophisticated serving of soft suede, shiny patent and snake-embossed leather, try these Gianni Bini Cameo women’s pumps.
- Shake Things Up: High-heel booties combine the feminine presence of a pump with extra winter coverage. Wrapped in a suede bow, these Gianni Bini Halo women’s booties are a charming addition to tights and a dress.
- Sprinkle on Shimmer: From the subtle sheen of studs to the drama of glitter, glistening shoes cast a festive glow. Rhinestones pepper the heel of these Steve Madden Partyy-R women’s pumps with bold shine.
- Rise to the Occasion in Flats: Dress up denim or polish evening-ready looks with embellished flats. Goldtone glitter glimmers on these classic Cole Haan Bacara Ballet women’s slip-ons.
We’d love to hear from you: what are your go-to party shoes? Check out our Party Styles Guide for more ideas.