Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, so it’s time for some last-minute party supplies and ideas. Dillard’s has everything you need, from drinkware to food processors, to bring style and flavor to your Cinco de Mayo festivities. Enjoy some fun recipes as a part of your fiesta this year; we’ve included two of our favorites below.
Shop the picks: 1. Margaritaville “Bahamas” Frozen Concoction Maker, 2. Global Amici Cabo Collection Drinkware, 3. Global Amici Cabo Pitcher, 4. Cuisinart Mini-Prep® Brushed Stainless Food Processor
Pico de Gallo
- 1 large red onion, sliced and diced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 Roma tomatoes, or any small, firm tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup (or more!) cilantro including stems for texture
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- salt, to taste
Mix all ingredients in the Cuisinart Mini-Prep® Brushed Stainless Food Processor pulsing 5-6 times. Keep chilled until ready to serve. Best to prepare this recipe up to four hours ahead of time to really let the flavors come up
Classic Frozen Margarita
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1¼ cups tequila
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- ¼ cup sugar dissolved in water, chilled
- 4 cups standard ice cubes
Put ingredients in the Margaritaville “Bahamas” Frozen Concoction Maker in the order listed. Pulse about 15 times until the ice is evenly crystallized. Serve immediately. Makes 7 servings.
Shop our entire assortment of Cinco de Mayo products, as well as all of our outdoor entertaining items. Let us help you throw the fiesta of the year. Share with us the recipe that made your party a hit!
With Mother’s Day just weeks away, now is the time to be looking for gifts. Show mom how much she’s appreciated with these gift ideas.
Check out our list for Mother’s Day 2012 (May 13) and find some terrific gifts for the mom who loves:
- Baking: For those moms who delight in baking homemade goodies, this easy-to-use KitchenAid Artisian Ice Blue 5-quart tilt-head stand mixer is the kitchen tool to have. The 325-watt motor blends everything, from cake batter to thick bread dough. Shop all KitchenAid for more gift ideas.
- Entertaining: The mom with a heart for entertaining will love our Artimino Footed Cake Plate and Dome. This dome adds prestige to pies, cookies, 2-layered cakes and whatever else she enjoys presenting and serving. This impressive cake plate and dome works great for keeping baked goods fresh. Shop all Artimino for more gift ideas.
- Nature: If she loves the outdoors, the rustic Fitz & Floyd Toulouse dinnerware set will score big points with mom. This dinnerware features whimsical hand-painted birds and floral patterns that make a beautiful place setting and look lovely in any display case. Shop all Fitz & Floyd for more gift ideas.
- Coffee/Tea: For the mom who loves tea and coffee, there’s nothing more refreshing than hot water brewed from a kettle, such as this Le Creuset Marseille 1.25-Quart Demi Tea Kettle featuring an enamel-on-steel construction. Shop all Le Creuset for more gift ideas.
- Wine: This wine chiller is a must-have for the mom who loves a delicious vintage. The professional-grade Waring Pro Wine chiller offers precise, pre-programmed temperatures for more than 30 varieties of white, red and champagne wines. Shop all Waring for more gift ideas.
- Crystal: If she’s drawn to things that sparkle and shine, a crystal gift could be the way to go. Try this giftable Waterford “Lismore” 60th Anniversary Collection vase that keeps floral arrangements looking fresh and pretty. For a variety of crystal options, check out this Waterford Lismore Collection, which includes crystal vases, clocks, votives, pitchers and pitcher frames. Shop all Waterford for more gift ideas.
See more of our Mother’s Day gift ideas for the home. What gift are you getting mom? Tell us in the comments.
Delicious snacks and finger foods are at the heart of every great Super Bowl party, so make sure you have the right kitchen tools prior to kick off. These handy appliances are functional and easy to transport, which is useful if you’re hosting a Super Bowl party or attending one.
Something delicious from the grill will always score a touchdown with your Super Bowl party guests. For that grilled taste that locks in flavor, try this handy indoor Griddle by Cuisinart, perfect for cooking sausages, hamburgers, chicken breasts — anything that sizzles. Also works well for creating mouth-watering quesadillas and panini. Watch the Griddler in action.
One staple of any great Super Bowl party is queso, which you can prepare with the El Paso Slow Cooker. This versatile and festive appliance also works for slow cooking chilis and soups. Handles and lid make it easy to transport between locations.
Remember, most eyes will be focused on the TV during the game, which means you should keep your menu simple. Serve finger foods such as chips and dips, hot wings or desserts in this Main Ingredients 5-Section Server. Offer a healthier alternative to those trying to keep their New Year’s resolutions with tasty raw veggies and low-fat ranch dip.
For more ideas on Super Bowl appliances, check out our small appliances section.
Inside Dillards.com, you’ll find new advances in personal care, electronics and an assortment of other high-tech gadgetry that will pique your curiosity. Like something off a sci-fi movie poster, we’re featuring money-counting robots, laser beam thermometers, and futuristic-looking coffeemakers. These cool devices are fun to use and designed to make life just a little bit easier.
Let’s face it. You’ve got loose pocket change sprinkled here and there and around the house. Wouldn’t it be great to manage it all in one central location? Enter the The Sharper Image Robot coin bank, representing a quantum leap in the way your pocket change is managed. The robot recognizes and tabulates every coin saved, keeps track of savings and withdrawals and announces money totals.
Feeling stressed? You’ll find inner peace and relaxation with the Homedics SoundSpa Premier AM/FM clock radio, which projects time and temperature on the ceiling or wall. This futuristic clock radio also produces soothing sounds, similar to a luxury spa.
Outside on the patio, you’ll find the family grill is more fun with the Laser Barbecue infrared thermometer. Just point, pull the trigger and check the temperature. This infrared laser barbecue thermometer measures cooking surface temperature from up to 5 feet away — the laser pointer assures accurate aim. Use for outdoor cooking, in the kitchen or for household temperature measuring jobs.
Who needs a barber or clippers when you can get the job done quickly with the Conair HC900 Even Cut clipper. Just pull the clipper over your hair in any direction and the locking comb guides will deliver an even cut. It has a power cord, but can also run cordless and comes with two adjustable comb guides.
At first glance, this donut-shaped device looks nothing like a coffeemaker. Nonetheless, the DeLonghi Nescafe “Dolce Gusto Circolo” coffeemaker represents a breakthrough in the way a normal coffeemaker looks and even the way coffee is brewed: just insert a coffee capsule, turn it on and you’re moments away from perfect tasting coffee every time.
These clever wine gadgets and accessories will help make your wine party an instant hit. Fun to use and fascinating to watch in action, these items are a great way to get the party started.
1. Who International Vinturi Red Wine Aerator. Unleash the rich aroma and taste of wine in less time with this popular wine aerator. There’s no need to decant and wait. Aerates your red wine as you pour so you can drink it at its best immediately.
2. Waring Pro Cordless Wine Opener. Open wines just like the pros with this handy cordless wine opener. Removes corks with just the push of a button, up to 80 corks in one full charge.
3. Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage Chiller. This cool time-saver chills wine faster than anything we’ve ever seen, from room temperature to refrigerator cold (43 degrees F) in six minutes or less. Great for last minute wine tasting parties.
4. Picnic Gift “Leopard” Wine Purse. Ditch the paper bag and turn heads with this leopard wine purse. This fetching case accommodates one 750 ml bottle.
Do you have a favorite wine gadget? Tell us about it in the comments section below.
Get more ideas in our barware and wine accessories section.
Let the festivities begin. Having the right serveware and dinnerware is a key ingredient for any Christmas party. But more than offering attractive plates and glasses, you’ll want to create a mood that makes guests feel right at home. Check out these tips for creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Offer a new twist: Make your favorite Christmas movie special again with some popped kernels served movie-style and flavored exactly the way you like. Keep laughter and good times rolling with this Nostalgia Electrics “Hollywood” popcorn maker. For a dessert twist, add a chocolate fondue fountain in addition to traditional pumpkin and pecan pies. Serve the chocolate with fresh fruit or marshmallows.
Keep them fed: Whether you’re serving a full buffet or finger foods, delicious culinary creations are at the heart of every great party. Start small with appetizers and bite-sized treats served using this Wilton Armetale “Holly Berries” Serveware. After all the guests have arrived, unleash the feast and keep food nice and hot with this Bella Cucina triple buffet server. To keep the merriment going, keep candy and chocolates on hand with this Wilton Armetale “Flutes & Pearls” Rectangular Divided Tray.
Create a Christmas theme: Get creative and set the Christmas mood by constructing your own holiday diorama using figurines and miniature set pieces, whether it’s of Santa and his elves or a Nativity scene. Create your own unique look using miniature cars and Santa’s sleigh or even a miniature church.