It’s the part of school that’s actually fun – making the space where you will study, eat and rest from the exertions of college life into your own cozy little den.
We want to help you do it and have some Pinterest fun too! What are you taking with you this year? Show us on Pinterest and have a chance and winning one of 3 grand prize packages worth over $1000!
One of our assistant home buyers Natalie Avis, so kindly wrote a guest blog featuring the items we are giving away. Read on for her tips to help you decorate your dream dorm room.
There are plenty of blogs out there that will tell you what you need to wear to be in style this fall, but what do you need for your dorm room? Remember, this is the place where you will spend the majority of your time (whether sleeping, studying or entertaining new friends), so it’s important to feel comfortable and have all basic necessities to get you up and to class. Here are our must-have picks for Fall 2013 from the Dillard’s Home Buying team. (Scroll to the end to find out how you can win all of these items listed below and more!)
- First things first! Treat yourself to a delicious dose of caffeine before your first class with the Keurig Black Mini Plus Personal Single-Serve Brewing System. This compact brewer is the perfect size for a small apartment or dorm room and will have your coffee ready in less than two minutes. It also features a removable drip tray, auto-off and cord storage.
- Neutral walls and drab carpet begone! Exclusive to Dillard’s, the Candice Olson Loft “Whisper” bedding mini-set features a green ikat pattern that will brighten up the dimmest of dorm rooms. Bring the bright colors of spring inside your room with this mini-set featuring a duvet or comforter and two matching shams (one for twin size). Layer it with a Studio D Shag throw for movie-night cuddling.
- Make a sweet impression on your first day with the scentsational Coach Poppy Eau de Parfume . Inspired by the playful spirit of the Poppy girl, sweetly scented jasmine and gardenia blended with with fresh cucumber and candied rose petal will keep you feeling flirty and vibrant for your after-class mixers.
- Dorm spaces are often small, but you can help keep yours organized with an 18-piece storage collection from Pyrex . Useful not only for your take-out leftovers, these non-porous glass bowls also keep foods such as pretzels, dry cereal and nuts fresh for munching during late night study groups.
- Make trips home for the holidays a little easier with the High Sierra AT6 Gray 26″ Expandable Trolley Duffel with Backpack Straps. Three bags in one, you can use it as a duffel, a wheeled upright or a backpack on stairs or rough terrain. It also features a front pocket to keep study notes and textbooks within easy access.
Let us know your must-haves for Fall 2013 and you can win any of these items and more with our Back-to-Campus giveaway contest!
HOW TO ENTER
Between July 18 and July 31, pin any 5 items on to a pin board entitled “Dillard’s Back to Campus” and you will be entered to win one of 3 grand prizes valued over $1000.
Full rules and list of prizes can be found at www.dillards.com/btchomegiveaway.
What’s on top of your dorm must-have list?