Dillard’s Exclusive Interview with Sleepwear Designer Carole Hochman

Q: How did you get your start designing intimate apparel and sleepwear?
A: I studied fashion design at Drexel University in Philadelphia, and my first internship in my sophomore year was selling lingerie at Bergdorf Goodman in NYC…the rest is history

Q: Where do you draw inspiration from?
A: Inspiration is everywear in NYC. Today I can also do lots of interesting research on the internet.

Q: Who/what are your major influences?
A: I love everything vintage.

Q: What sets the Midnight by Carole Hochman line apart from other sleepwear lines?
A: The midnight line is intended for women who love comfort but want to feel very feminine and sexy.

Q: What are your favorite aspects of designing sleepwear?
A: I wear sleepwear, and I know how it needs to feel and look for myself. I love the discovery of a new fabric and a new lace.

Q: What are some upcoming trends in sleepwear we should watch for?
A: Sleepwear is getting lacey again and still very casual and comforatble. It is fun to get all the facets in one fabulous garment.

Q: What is your favorite material to work with?
A: I love modal because it is silky and drapey but very easy care.

Q: What is the most exciting place your designs have been featured?
A: I love seeing my designs on the web.

Q: What are your favorite pieces from the Midnight by Carole Hochman collection?
A: The Forever &  Always gown and pajama are fabulous pieces for this fall. They are an easy fit with a very flattering satin twisted neckline that is so very feminine and flattering to everyone. We have a pajama called Modern Comfort that I slept in last night and no one would believe they are pajamas — very sporty, soft and something you never want to take off.

Shop all Midnight by Carole Hochman.

What are your favorite pieces from the collection? 

1 Comment

Filed under Lingerie

One response to “Dillard’s Exclusive Interview with Sleepwear Designer Carole Hochman

1. nic interview. good luck and keep introducing new designs……………..

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s