Farm To Table Project: Last Day to Vote!

Growing up, my family had china, fine china, Christmas china – and paper plates. More often than not, if I was being schlepped to dance class or Girl Scouts, I was eating off a paper plate (or out of a bag).

But, every now and again, there was this great big wooden serving bowl that my mother would use to serve simple salads or soups out of. It had the most beautiful shape and finish – plus a wood grain texture that made it different from all our other servingware.  And therefore, I remember it (I couldn’t even tell you what color our regular china was).

Many of the submissions in Dillard’s Farm to Table design project remind me of this bowl – not because they look similar, but because they leave a lasting impression.

The Farm to Table voting deadline has been extended until tonight at midnight – it is the last day to vote on which designs will be sold in Dillard’s stores in 2013!

Like this bowl? Vote here for it in the Red Clay Farm to Table project.

Smoked Salmon-Avocado Salad would be tasty and easy to serve from this bowl.

Try serving some Quick Hummus Dip in this bowl; pair it with flatbread, pita chips or your favorite vegetable.

The temperatures will be changing soon, and nothing is better as a starter or main course than a selection of Creamy Fall Soups. These recipes contain some fall product favorites, like squash, apples and pumpkin.

We hope you had as much fun picking out your favorites as we did. Go check out and vote on other creative submissions before midnight tonight!

Shop all wooden servingware here.

Which submission did you vote for as your favorite? 

Leave a comment

Filed under Recipes

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s