Are you a designer? Maybe know someone who is? We’re inviting you to design a new line for our home department!
In partnership with Red Clay, a collaborative design studio, we introduce the Dillard’s Farm to Table project. We are looking for your best designs for tabletop submitted for the potential to be sold in-store next spring.
2) You and other Dillard’s guests will critique, curate and ultimately select the final designs (Stay tuned! This process begins in August)
3) We will produce and sell the final designs, paying the winning designers an up-front earning along with royalties
Here are the design categories, along with the wood block sizes each piece will be made from. Please note, the size of the block of wood is included so you can scale your design submission properly.
- 3” x 3” block of wood - Examples of use: Fresh jam, newly pressed olive oil
- 5”sq x 3” h block of wood - Examples of use: Juicy olives or berries
- 10”sq x 5” h block of wood - Examples of use: Soup or salad made fresh
- 12” x 12” block of wood - Examples of use: A two bushel salad or a display of zesty lemons
- 7”sqx 1”h block of wood
- 20”sq x 2”h block of wood
- 18”sq x 3”h block of wood - Examples of use: Mix and match nuts, sauces
- 20” sq x 2”h block of wood
- 25”sq x 3”h block of wood - Examples of use: Flavor-packed bites line an elongated server
FORK AND SPOON
- 12”l x 4”w x 1”h block of wood
Additional wood material details will be forthcoming in September. The timeline for submission goes through August 12.
Let your vision emerge. From a raw block of wood, a beautiful form can be cultivated. An heirloom-quality piece of wooden serving-ware can make everyday living a pleasure, for a lifetime. Dillard’s next designer could be you!
Shop our wooden servingware products here.