Monthly Archives: June 2012

Bridal Style: The New Something Blue

We love taking a classic look and giving it a unique twist. So when this stylish bride rocked a Cezanne Turquoise Statement Necklace (and the matching Drop Earrings) on her big-day, we just had to give her props.

This creative touch served as her “something blue” and added a personal statement to her wedding day style.

Shop all Cezanne accessories here.

How will you stand out on your wedding day? Tell us in the comments!

Leave a comment

Filed under Accessories

Registry Guide: Additional Uses for Dinnerware, Glassware

In the world of bridal registry, there’s always more than one way to use your registry gifts. Instead of zucchini or broccoli, try using a vegetable bowl to hold dinner rolls, or use a salad plate as a small hors d’oeuvres server. A creamer can be used to hold salad dressing, syrups or gravy. A fruit dish can even be used to hold your jewelry. A cocktail glass works as a great dessert or fruit server. The possibilities are limitless. Follow our table below or come up with your own ideas.

Do you have an interesting alternate use for your registry glassware, dinnerware? Tell us about it in the comments section. 

Leave a comment

Filed under Home

Getaway Guide: What to Pack for Summer Vacation

Gearing up for a summer getaway? Check out our carefully curated packing lists below. Our stylish essentials intermix with ease — whether you’re setting sail on a cruise, sightseeing in a new city or hitting the open road.

Shop Cruise: Antonio Melani Tunic, Rich & Skinny Colored JeansAryn K. Maxi Dress, Steve Madden EspadrilleAntonio Melani Bandini & Bottom, Antonio Melani Bikini Top & Bottom, AK Anne Klein EarringsAntonio Melani Sandal, MICHAEL Michael Kors Tote
Shop City Weekend: Maria Sharapova for Cole Haan Flat, Gianni Bini Dress, Cremieux Dress, T Tahari Dress, Lucky Brand Wedge, philosophy travel set, Eileen Fisher Scarf, Brahmin Weekender Bag
Shop Road Trip: Gianni Bini Blouse, Greylin Tribal Tank, Sanctuary Clothing Hi-Low Top, B. Makowsky Cross-Body Bag, Kate Landry Fedora, Ray-Ban Aviator SunglassesLauren by Ralph Lauren Sandal,  butter LONDON Foot Wipes, Gianni Bini Shorts

What’s your favorite vacation spot? Tell us about it in the comments!

Leave a comment

Filed under Women

Pin It to Win It Winner!

2 Comments

Filed under Contest

Dillard’s Exclusive Interview with Lucky Brand Designer Jonathan Lippert

Q: Who is the typical Lucky Brand woman?
A: She’s free-spirited and artistic, someone with a unique approach to style who doesn’t take life too seriously.

Q: Where do you draw most of your inspiration for your designs?
A: All kinds of great ideas come from flea markets and vintage shops, and then it gets a touch of free-spirited Southern California. Our prints and ornaments are also inspired by different cultures around the world. It’s a great mix of old and new that results in some truly unique details.

Q: Who are your major influences?
A: Anyone who is passionate about what they do.

Q: What do you feel you bring to the industry?
A: I think I’ve brought a nice balance between feminine dress and the casual lifestyle. Lucky Brand shoes are great for a walk near the beach (or around the mall) as well as for a night out.

Q: What’s the ultimate message you want to get across through your shoes?
A: I think shoes say a lot about someone’s personality, so don’t be afraid to express yourself through Lucky Brand shoes!

Q: Did you attend school for design or are you self-taught?
A: I have a degree in economics, but realized my passion was for design and footwear, so I switched gears and pursued a design program in New York.

Q: What are some of your favorite shoes in the line?
A: That is like choosing your favorite child — I’m not sure I can do that. But if I really had to choose, I would say right now that I am obsessed with our Emmie ballet (it’s just “flat out” perfect), and I think every woman probably wants a Miller wedge because it’s just so comfortable but still trendy. Our Dyana is a great summer option for a ballet and the ankle strap makes it sexy, too.

Q: What are some key trends we will see from your line next season?  
A: I’m big on color in boots/booties (our leathers translate really well into rich jewel tones). I’m also on board with the moto trend that’s happening, and new interpretations of western. Oh, and of course, ballet flats in all shapes and sizes.

Q: Tell us about a shoe you will never forget.
A: While I was in the footwear program, I designed an equestrian boot/mule/flat. It was pretty creative, but I was so proud of it. That was a shoe nobody could forget!

Q: Which shoe should no woman be without?
A: The perfect ballet flat: Lucky’s Emmie!

Shop the looks: Miller WedgesDyana FlatsEmmie Flats

Shop all Lucky Brand Shoes.

Leave a comment

Filed under Shoes

Pin It to Win It: Clue #3

Makes you look great at dinner!

Remember — the daily clues lead up to one (fabulous) mystery product.

9 Comments

Filed under Contest

bareMinerals Giveaway on Facebook

Now through June 30th, enter for your chance to win a bareMinerals lip gloss. Head over to our Facebook page to enter.

Want more? Shop our selection of bareMinerals.

Leave a comment

Filed under Beauty