The modern swimdress has evolved from modest beginnings to become a glam waterside fashion statement. No longer the frumpy, body-hiding silhouette it once was, today’s swimdress ranges from sultry to playful.
Another great thing about swimdresses? The many incarnations of this iconic silhouette. We’ve broken it down into categories based on the statement the suit makes.
- The LBD: Two of our favorites are the Jantzen Glitz & Glamour and the Christina Safari Hardware.
- Retro: The possibilities are endless, but three great examples are the Jantzen Dot Net, the Carmen Marc Valvo Sunny Isles and the Jantzen Pin Dot Bandeau.
- Nautical: Two great picks are the Lauren by Ralph Lauren Bel Aire and the 24th & Ocean Nautical Mix.
- Floral: Try these pretty suits from Alex Marie and Gottex.
- Lingerie: Bodycon pieces from Coco Rave and the Betsey Johnson.
- Ruffled: You’ll love the choice of colors offered in this Kenneth Cole Reaction Ruffle-Licious suit or the mod polka-dot print Eco Swim Eco Bay swimdress.
- Body Shaping: If you love the swimdress but worry about its figure-hugging silhouette, try this Spanx Swim Blue Nile Bra-llelujah! or this flirty Miraclesuit Woman Pin Point suit.
What is your favorite swimdress category? Tell us about it in the comments.