With spring in full bloom, it’s time to add some sunshine to your palate. We love the Cuisinart SmartPower Deluxe Duet Blender/Food Processor for its versatility, work ethic and sheer power. One 600-watt motor pulverizes whole chunks of ice and food in a matter of seconds. The blender uses its patented ultra-sharp stainless steel blade to whip up ingredients, while its 48-oz. thermal shock-resistant borosilicate glass blender jar keeps mixtures smooth and creamy. Also, the food processor features a Cuisinart 3-cup work bowl with a reversible slicing/shredding disc and feed tube to mince herbs and process ingredients in practically no time at all. Just a few pulses and you’re done. Here are a few of our favorite recipes we love to make using this stand-out 2-in-1 multifunctional device.
Mango Salsa: (Click here for the ingredients.) Directions:
- Insert the chopping blade into the Cuisinart Food Processor; fit onto motor base.
- Put the the red pepper into the work bowl and pulse on high to roughly chop, about 2 pulses. Empty in a separate mixing bowl.
- Place the garlic, jalapeno and onion into the work bowl. Pulse 2 to 3 times on high to chop. Empty to the red pepper bowl.
- Add mango and cilantro to the work bowl and pulse on Low until mango is roughly chopped, about 5 to 6 pulses.
- Transfer mango and cilantro to the bowl with the other chopped veggies.
- Stir in the lime juice, vinegar, honey and salt. Cover and let salsa rest to allow flavors to develop (30 minutes minimum). Make about 2 cups.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1 tsp. Splenda®
- In the Cuisinart Blender, blend banana and orange juice.
- Add rest of ingredients and blend until thick and icy.
- If too thick, add more juice. Makes about 2 servings.