Add a touch of spring to your step with season-to-season silhouettes. Taking these versatile shapes from winter to spring is a breeze. Slip on textured tights for cold weather wear; shed the layer and style with dresses or cropped pants as the temperature rises. Here are our favorite transitional options.
- Short and Sweet: Add Western whimsy to your look with the Gyn boot from Steve Madden. With a closed toe and sassy ankle height, the timeless silhouette is equally prepared for blustery days or spring sun.
- Breezy Bands: Chunky bands wrap the BCBGeneration Jiorn with bold versatility. Unexpected openings on this bootie-inspired shape keep the sandal relevant no matter the temperature.
- Crisp Cutouts: Don’t let the word “sandal” fool you; you can wear the Vince Camuto Pabla year round. The studded silhouette strikes an ideal balance between coverage and cutouts, so you’ll be ready for lingering chills and warming temps.
We love anything with an unexpected peep-toe or surprising straps for season-spanning style. Do you have a transitional go-to in your closet? If so, share your favorites.
Delicious snacks and finger foods are at the heart of every great Super Bowl party, so make sure you have the right kitchen tools prior to kick off. These handy appliances are functional and easy to transport, which is useful if you’re hosting a Super Bowl party or attending one.
Something delicious from the grill will always score a touchdown with your Super Bowl party guests. For that grilled taste that locks in flavor, try this handy indoor Griddle by Cuisinart, perfect for cooking sausages, hamburgers, chicken breasts — anything that sizzles. Also works well for creating mouth-watering quesadillas and panini. Watch the Griddler in action.
One staple of any great Super Bowl party is queso, which you can prepare with the El Paso Slow Cooker. This versatile and festive appliance also works for slow cooking chilis and soups. Handles and lid make it easy to transport between locations.
Remember, most eyes will be focused on the TV during the game, which means you should keep your menu simple. Serve finger foods such as chips and dips, hot wings or desserts in this Main Ingredients 5-Section Server. Offer a healthier alternative to those trying to keep their New Year’s resolutions with tasty raw veggies and low-fat ranch dip.
For more ideas on Super Bowl appliances, check out our small appliances section.
Fashion loves a focal point. And this season, all eyes are on the waist. Whether it’s contoured, cinched or belted, the statement waist is a figure-friendly trend we can’t get enough of.
- Playful Peplums: A peplum is a short (often ruffled or pleated) overskirt that’s attached at the waist of dresses, skirts, tops and jackets. The flared shape highlights your waist and complements the curve of your hips, creating an hourglass silhouette. This Antonio Melani skirt flaunts asymmetric lines for a fresh spin on the flattering favorite.
- Cinched Styles: As close to universally flattering as it gets, cinched styles define your waist with elastic, smocking or seaming. The added perk? The design often creates a soft, forgiving fit across your hips, as seen on this BCBGeneration dress.
- Wide Belts: Make a statement with this waist-whittling accessory. Cinch flowy styles or update old favorites with this Tre Vero stretch belt. For stress-free styling, try this Chelsea & Violet dress — it comes pre-accessorized with the perfect belt.
How will you incorporate this Spring 2012 trend?
There’s no denying it: skinny jeans are a closet essential. We put together our picks for the hottest ways to style these GB Gianni Bini jeans this Spring.
- A preppy look is perfect this season. This Stoosh blazer is great for layering with tanks and tees on top of your jeans.
- Casual looks rule for a school day or low-key weekend. This Jessica Simpson cropped top is perfect over a solid tank or camisole.
- Take a Bohemian turn in this GB Gianni Bini boxy top. The shape balances the slim fit of the jeans.
- Love is in the air this season, so show a flirty side with this Jessica Simpson tee. Feminine touches like flutter sleeves and a bow detail make this a great pick for a casual date night.
Lots of our readers have asked, “What shoes do I wear with my skinny jeans?” Here are some ideas that match up with our style picks above.
- Embellished flats coordinate with the polished look of the blazer perfectly. A sweet bow detail and glittering toe cap make these Vince Camuto flats anything but basic.
- Get an effortlessly stylish look when you pair these GB flats with your casual crop top.
- You’ve got an indie-rock vibe and are ready for a music festival when you pair these Volatile booties with your boho-top.
- A flirty look is made complete with a pair of black Gianni Bini pumps. Simple and to the point, this pair will move your embellished tee from casual to romantic in a snap.
Check out the rest of our Juniors denim and top collections on Dillards.com!
How do you style your skinnies? Tell us in the comments!
Filed under Juniors, Shoes
What is a layette? Most people know that it has something to do with babies, but even some parents aren’t sure what one is. A layette refers to newborn supplies, from complete outfits to bibs, bath accessories and more. Seems a lot less daunting now, doesn’t it?
A good place to start is with a nice, fluffy blanket. Every newborn will be wrapped up in a blanket at some point, so why not make it a cute one? This (1) Trend Lab Sweet Safari velour receiving blanket for boys or this (2) Starting Out plush leopard blanket for girls makes a perfect gift for the parents-to-be. Or if you are looking for something a little less gender-specific, try this (3) Starting Out plush toile reversible blanket in black and white toile on one side and black fleece on the other side.
A great gift for expecting parents is a set of coordinating clothing or accessories. These (4) 10-piece gift sets from Trend Lab come in pink or blue and are packaged in a matching mini-tote bag. The (5) Carter’s 4-piece duck-motif layette set, (6) Carter’s 4-piece duck set or (7) Starting Out duck gown 2-Pack all make a great gender-neutral gift. Of course, you can put together your own set by choosing your favorites from our large selection of bibs, blankets, towels, sleepwear, diaper bags or crib shoes.
Once you know what a layette is, the possibilities are endless. Check out our layette section on Dillards.com for more ideas.
What is your favorite gift to give an expecting couple? Or, if you have children, what was your favorite gift to receive? Tell us about it in the comments.
Define your date night style with this quick quiz. Start at the top and work your way down to reveal your sweet or sultry side. You might be surprised where you end up.
Sweet Look: Cezanne Pave Earrings, Natasha Accessories Pave Bangle, BCBGMAXAZRIA Mesh Clutch & DKNYC Striped Shirtdress
Sultry Look: Jill Jill Stuart Faux-Wrap Dress, Natasha Accessories Chandelier Earrings, Natasha Accessories Bangle Set & Kate Landry Heart Clutch
Click here to shop more date night looks.
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and we’ve rounded up some of our favorite accessories for the occasion.
- A perfect way to show your love, this Tivoli ring sparkles with a pink center stone and surrounding pave stones. She’ll love the romantic design.
- From the Cezanne Boxed Collection, these earrings make a loving statement. They feature sparkling pave detail in a sophisticated drop silhouette.
- In signature Betsey Johnson style, this watch brings a girly touch to a classic look. It features a stainless steel case and bracelet, plus a pretty pink heart on the dial and sparkling stones on the bezel.
- Another piece from the Cezanne Boxed Collection, this necklace is a Valentine’s essential. A dazzling heart pendant hangs on a dainty silvertone chain for a sweet effect.
For more ideas, check out all of our favorite Valentine’s accessories and browse our watches and jewelry.
What will you be giving on Valentine’s Day this year?